We all have seen much frustration and speculation regarding release dates. Can anyone tell me what the lead time has been for the last few RIM phones from the announcement of the release date to the actual release date?
    11-08-08 08:16 PM
    dude , A) people hate new price/release date threads. B) there is nothing official or trust me , you would know.
    11-08-08 10:16 PM
    I think you missed my point. I am looking for those who have followed other blackberry releases who might be able to share the time from announcement of release date to the release date itself. To put it another way, if the release were going to be 11/15, wouldn't it have been announced at least a couple weeks or more before that?
    11-09-08 10:44 PM
    OBJECTION ASKED AND ANSWERED : this question has been asked and answered lol
    11-09-08 10:46 PM
    Start looking after 11-15
    Maybe 11-23.........................
    Thats preety much it. Couldn't let a fellow
    So Cal-er get the beat down
    11-09-08 10:49 PM
    And thats speculation
    11-09-08 10:50 PM
    lol nope thats solid fact ... i think omg now idk lol.
    11-09-08 10:52 PM
    lol this is funny because I have to admit, these are not answering the poster's question. I wish I knew the answer myself, but I think what's more important is just Verizon's history of releasing phones and not RIM. I'm not familiar with their history and how soon ahead of time they announce releases, but I've heard that VZW will give at least a week notice. That's probably speculation too.
    11-09-08 10:55 PM
    yuppers ... idk .. i week would be nice but then again if it just magicially showed up that would be nice too considering we would know before everyone else and wouldnt have to camp or rush to the nearest VZW LOL
    11-09-08 10:57 PM
    We all have seen much frustration and speculation regarding release dates. Can anyone tell me what the lead time has been for the last few RIM phones from the announcement of the release date to the actual release date?
    yeah, i have to agree with notabun, its really hard to say, not really something offhand that someone might know, more something you'd might have to go research. But i can tell you the same **** sort of happened with the bold on some carriers. But then again the bold came out a little behind scheduele and had LOTS and LOTS of problems. So i think VZW/RIM/VODAPHONE is/are taking extra special time with the storm because they plan for this phone to be huge, ive never seen a bigger ad campaign from Verizon or BLackberry since the release of the Razr or the iPhone, so expect this to be abnormally longer then other blackberry releases because this a whole new playing field for both the carriers and RIM
    Last edited by NFLBlitze1; 11-09-08 at 11:11 PM.
    11-09-08 11:00 PM
    Sooks, if you don't know the answer to the question, rather than posting negative trash why not just stay out of the thread?

I know there are other helpful members out there who have followed the RIM and Blackberry release history on other phones who might be able to provide a constuctive and informative post.
    11-09-08 11:01 PM
    Sooks, if you don't know the answer to the question, rather than posting negative trash why not just stay out of the thread?

I know there are other helpful members out there who have followed the RIM and Blackberry release history on other phones who might be able to provide a constuctive and informative post.
    agreed, i was about to say something, but then the servers went down briefly.

On another hand,

Sooks,

nothing against you man, i would say Socal was a tad harsh, but you should definatly read posts thoroughly before posting especially when its the same jibberish as usual that everyone is posting about release date threads. Who cares? even though thats not what the OP is talking about, just leave it alon, its a forum people have the right to ask. Not to mention, from what i've noticed your recent posts really lack a lot of substance and just a lot of complaining. So just chill out

~NFL
    11-09-08 11:10 PM
    your right im sorry ... i guess its just one of thoes moods ... i need a hug ..... lol
    11-09-08 11:15 PM
    It's not like I was posting a "gee I spoke to a verizon rep who told me the release date" thread.

It's just hard for me to believe this thing could be released a week after announcement of the date (to support an 11/15 date). I was looking for some of the fanatics who have followed the lead time history for other RIM/Verizon phones to see if any other phones have had such a short lead time that might support the phone still coming out in a week.
    11-09-08 11:24 PM
    It's not like I was posting a "gee I spoke to a verizon rep who told me the release date" thread.

It's just hard for me to believe this thing could be released a week after announcement of the date (to support an 11/15 date). I was looking for some of the fanatics who have followed the lead time history for other RIM/Verizon phones to see if any other phones have had such a short lead time that might support the phone still coming out in a week.
    i agree with you, i find it hard to believe that they would release it a week before its announced, i think they are banking on the fact that people are actually doing there research and are anticipating its release day. the most speculated date is november 23rd, but who knows, the phone will eventually come out so im not to worried, id rather them take there time and make a great phone, then just release it and hope that future updates will fix everything.
    11-09-08 11:32 PM
    I agree Socal. I've been following this section of the forum for awhile now and still wonder the same. I've been looking at past Bold threads and if you think we have it bad, they were waiting months while it got delayed several times. I really do think it'll be here this month though. The 23rd sounds right to me but we'll see.
    11-09-08 11:32 PM
    Sometimes VZW makes announcements when the phone is actually available or I have seen them make availability announcements up to 5 days before.
    11-09-08 11:38 PM
    one thing im anticipating greatly is too see how the Blackberry App Store will match up to my needs. i really hope they don't just produce massive amounts of corporate apps.
    11-09-08 11:40 PM
    While there are a substantial number of people like us on this forum that already know about the storm, the average consumer hasn't been following this. I still find it amazing that RIM would release the phone in a week when it's marketing has still been rather limited for such an important release for them.
    11-10-08 12:48 AM
    I think what we'll see is an announcement(Like tommorow hopefully) a week or two before launch. This will satisfy us fanatics along with give it time to spread across the net. The average consumer will just find out when one of the commercials says NOW AVAILABE FROM VERIZON WIRELESS!!

Just my opinion. Sounds logical right?
    11-10-08 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD