Forgive me if this has been covered, as I did a quick search and found nothing that would directly address this.

Is the Storm supposed to automatically update the time when traveling between different timezones? Under options and Date/Time and Date/Time source, I selected Network, which always show the current time for that time zone, so I figured it would automatically change the time without me having to manually change the timezone each time. My storm isnt updating the time, it is still showing whatever timezone I manually put in. I have done battery pulls, turn off/on. Even called tech support and depending on who I get, they dont even know if the phone is supposed to update.

Any thoughts?

Im running .75 as it is the only official release
    02-22-09 11:09 PM
    Time zone stays the same so that things like your calendar appointments stay intact. It's by design

Edit: check out this post for a more in depth explanation http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...e-zones-46190/
    02-22-09 11:12 PM
    Actually RIM gets calendar entries right, not like M$ Mobile. If you add a calendar entry on your berry you get the option to specify the time zone. This is saved with the calendar entry and will adjust if required, ensuring you are on time for your appointments!

I update my time zone manually when I travel and all appointments are still perfect.
    02-22-09 11:29 PM
    Actually RIM gets calendar entries right, not like M$ Mobile. If you add a calendar entry on your berry you get the option to specify the time zone. This is saved with the calendar entry and will adjust if required, ensuring you are on time for your appointments!

I update my time zone manually when I travel and all appointments are still perfect.
    It's probably a preventative measure for entries that are synched in from other sources that don't have a time zone input.
    02-22-09 11:32 PM
    I have to admit, this one has still puzzled me for ever now. Palm and WinMo users have enjoyed the ability to sync via tower time zone for as long as I can remember... yet no one with those devices complains about missing their appointments. Must be a Canadian thing to want to change the time zone manually.
    02-22-09 11:41 PM
    Thank you for the quick response, I guess I didnt do a thorough enough search. I understand it now, not happy about it as I dont really travel for business, but I guess it makes sense. I dont use Outlook either, so I would rather it give me the choice. But I guess I cant complain, it is still a great phone.
    02-22-09 11:43 PM
    OK let's call a spade a spade: this is just nuts. If the issue is time-zones, they could have sync'd the minutes/seconds & left the time-zone & hours alone.

As it is, my BB loses a couple of minutes a week, so I have to manually sync my BB's clock to the network every week or so if I want accurate time. This even though I've set the time-pref as "Take time from Network". Just plain silly.
    03-04-09 02:21 PM
    sorry but this is the most ******** "design". Its not that hard to tie the clock to the the calendar. I'm in NY it's 10 am. I have a meeting at Chicago at 2pm. I put in 2pm meeting in the calendar. When i fly to Chicago, the phone adjusts and at 1:45, my phone alerts me saying go to my meeting.
    03-04-09 03:30 PM
    sorry but this is the most ******** "design". Its not that hard to tie the clock to the the calendar. I'm in NY it's 10 am. I have a meeting at Chicago at 2pm. I put in 2pm meeting in the calendar. When i fly to Chicago, the phone adjusts and at 1:45, my phone alerts me saying go to my meeting.
    This is exactly how it should work.... Worked perfect on my treo like this...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 04:51 PM
    I am in two or three different time zones per week. With the Storm, I have to manually change the zone so that the meeting alerts correctly show. Because I can operate across 10 times zones or more, we all specify the time zone in Outlook, so it tracks OK. I actually loaded an app called AutoTimeZone which will change it when you invoke the program. However it isn't automatic, and it bugged the crap out of me when instead of choosing Eastern, it would choose Bogota or choose Mexico City instead of Mountain. It just was easier to do it my hand. This was something in WinMo that I loved, where I would take it out of Flight Mode, and the time would be correct in 5 or 10 seconds. Business is all about time zones. What is wrong with RIM? I keep encountering these things that everyone else does, including dumb phones, but not RIM. What gives?
    03-04-09 05:34 PM
    OK let's call a spade a spade: this is just nuts. If the issue is time-zones, they could have sync'd the minutes/seconds & left the time-zone & hours alone.

As it is, my BB loses a couple of minutes a week, so I have to manually sync my BB's clock to the network every week or so if I want accurate time. This even though I've set the time-pref as "Take time from Network". Just plain silly.
    This drives me nuts. Why is it a modern day piece of technology needs to be manually updated. I have been searching for an answer thinking I am missing something. Is there no way for the Storm to auto update from the network? I am not even talking moving to different time zones. I just mean keep time!? Correctly!
    04-10-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD