Ok this story is just wrong and we need to fight back.
    I'm a happy Storm owner and to say that RIM did not get it right
    is just wrong. Yes it has it's qurks but hey it's the first time RIM has done touch screen. Stupid iphone was not right the first time.

RIM Shrouds Niagara as Smartphone War Shapes Up
    03-20-09 05:20 PM
    no your right and it was what 2 weeks before a software update to fix it?
    How long did RIM take to release the new software to fix it? Ohh THAT'S right.. they haven't yet !
    03-20-09 05:23 PM
    Thank you drdingo.
    03-20-09 05:45 PM
    Didn't I tell you a new Storm or a Storm replacement was coming WEEKS AGO?
    03-20-09 05:48 PM
    The article is BS and their "analyst" is less informed than most members here.
    03-20-09 05:53 PM
    Would you decipher your response so people who aren't border line ******** can understand it?
    He's saying Apple took two weeks to fix their software (doubt that's an accurate number) whereas RIM still hasn't fixed theirs in four months.
    03-20-09 06:09 PM
    Mmm, except that RIM did. They released .75. It may not be fast, but it works. AKA fixed.
    03-20-09 06:12 PM
    Mmm, except that RIM did. They released .75. It may not be fast, but it works. AKA fixed.
    aka band aid on a bullet wound...
    03-20-09 06:17 PM
    Am I reading the wrong article here?

Seems to me that Patricia wrote this right before she left work for the weekend. I don't think she did enough research to open her mouth or hit her keyboard with that article.

The Niagra has the same damn guts that the Storm has... same chipset/same proc. Kevin said it, I said it weeks/months ago, that's just the way it is. When will people realize that you cannot run the same procs in the CDMA varients of phones as you do in the GSM versions. WTF people...?
    03-20-09 06:18 PM
    Even when RIM update it , the same people will still be ******** about it.

Cant win.
    03-20-09 06:23 PM
    What a bunch of bs. Verizon needs to get us an official release of a decent os. Without you all and the leaked oss and help forums woulda ditched the storm probably. Please don't tell me their coming out with a new phone instead of getting the storm right....Oh well
    Last edited by Indoblaza; 03-20-09 at 06:41 PM.
    03-20-09 06:28 PM
    am thinking of up grading to a storm sounds like it not a good idea? i guess it depends who you talk to
    03-20-09 06:37 PM
    I mean seriously. The storm to me is just straight bad (good). Is Verizon just waiting for a solid os to release it to customers or what exactly is their gameplan. Seems like them draggin their feet would be bad for business but maybe their waiting for a reason. Could someone please enlighten me? I can tell since I checked out this site there's tons of people that have way more insider insight then me teh bb n00b.
    03-20-09 06:40 PM
    They did?
    I'd like to see it...
    03-20-09 07:02 PM
    He's saying Apple took two weeks to fix their software (doubt that's an accurate number) whereas RIM still hasn't fixed theirs in four months.
    Someone got it...
    Thanks
    03-20-09 07:03 PM
    I realize I am new to blackberry and smart phones, but I love my Storm. This is without a doubt the best phone I've ever had and since 1993 I've had quite a few different cell phones. Just my 2 pennies worth of opinion.

JPD217
    03-20-09 07:05 PM
    I realize I am new to blackberry and smart phones, but I love my Storm. This is without a doubt the best phone I've ever had and since 1993 I've had quite a few different cell phones. Just my 2 pennies worth of opinion.

JPD217
    1993?
    Seriously?
    ANYTHING is better then the white brick phone.
    03-20-09 07:07 PM
    Actually I started out with a bag phone. have had many since including several Nokia's, a couple of Startac's to name a few. Never did have a white brick phone though.

JPD217
    03-20-09 07:15 PM
    Actually I started out with a bag phone. have had many since including several Nokia's, a couple of Startac's to name a few. Never did have a white brick phone though.

JPD217
    Nothing had batter reception of those bag phones... 3 Watts of power !!!
    03-20-09 07:16 PM
    You got that right. Of course in those days we needed 3 watts to hit a tower up here in ND. And even then there were alot of places with no service.

JPD217
    Last edited by JPD217; 03-20-09 at 07:26 PM.
    03-20-09 07:23 PM
    The "white brick"? Would that be the Motorola "white brick" of yester-years? If so, if memory serves it also put out 3 watts.

On topic… I love my storm! Sure it could have a better OS, and this coming from someone that's too chicken-sh!t to try the leaks. Then again, I don't experience near the problems that I read about on here. I gave up on iCrap products after I went through 4 ipods in 2 months (now have a Zune, and love it as well). Personally, I don't pay much attention to the rants, go ahead and let it out! Better to release the frustration here than reading about it in the paper tomorrow .

Just my opinion. I'm going back to my beer and watching USC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Craterz; 03-20-09 at 10:29 PM.
    03-20-09 07:41 PM
    OOHH!

Man, a fort night seems alot longer than I thought.

Wasn't the mms thing and copy and paste just fixed? Then there was that whole "my iphone won't keep a signal thing!1" and the whole "my battery only last 1 hour with my iphone!!111" thing.

There are fe more things that come to mind - but I think I got the point across.
    03-20-09 07:47 PM
    Yea.. He must work with the mentally challenged on a daily basis and has a mild understanding of the way they communicate.
    or something !
    03-20-09 07:58 PM

JPD217
    the startac's were the best in the 90's
    03-20-09 08:46 PM
    all these people with new status with cb are running wild with problems and need to chill out. some of us have had our storms for a while and the phone is still working fine. .103, >109. mine works fine.
    Last edited by moedaddy2121; 03-20-09 at 10:25 PM.
    03-20-09 10:21 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD