This thread is for everyone, but it's mostly for those unfamiliar with the Thunder/Storm as some of us are. I've seen on BG, Giz,etc the comments on how this device is HUGE and SOOO BIG. Well, that's completely FALSE. The specs Kevin B posted for the Storm(vs Curve) are:

Curve........
    4.2 x 2.4 x 0.6........
    Storm......
    4.4 x 2.41 x 0.54......

So you can see that the Storm is basically the same size as the Curve and it's thinner. So now that this is now adressed, maybe we will stop hearing all the "it's HUGE" comments. Also, below is a link to what some comparable devices look like when compared against each other.

Sized Up: Apple iPhone vs iPhone 3G vs Blackberry Storm (1) vs Blackberry Curve vs LG Dare
    09-16-08 04:27 PM
    lol, I was actually thinking it was going to be a bit too small. Was concerned that the 3.2 inch might be a bit small for browsing the web.
    09-16-08 05:24 PM
    lol, I was actually thinking it was going to be a bit too small. Was concerned that the 3.2 inch might be a bit small for browsing the web.
    When you get it in your hand and use it, you will see it's plenty big enough. I think it's perfect. And as I've posted before, the screen res looks much better than any other touch out there.
    09-16-08 05:32 PM
    And as I've posted before, the screen res looks much better than any other touch out there.
    Please be VGA or WVGA...
    09-16-08 05:40 PM
    Crucial,

How does the Storm actually feel in your hand? The Curve is almost soft to the touch with the rubber substance that surrounds the edge of the phone.
    09-16-08 05:44 PM
    Please be VGA or WVGA...
    .............. One would think anyway...
    09-16-08 05:44 PM
    When you get it in your hand and use it, you will see it's plenty big enough. I think it's perfect. And as I've posted before, the screen res looks much better than any other touch out there.

hmmm.... i wonder if that's a hint... the ipod touch screen is 480�320 pixels at 163 ppi so if it's better than that, then woo hoo!

09-16-08 05:51 PM
    Crucial,

How does the Storm actually feel in your hand? The Curve is almost soft to the touch with the rubber substance that surrounds the edge of the phone.
    I think it's perfect. IMHO. I think the Iphone feels too big. But there isn't that "soft" touch with the 95xx. I think it's the perfect size. Everything just feels right.
    09-16-08 05:51 PM
    Hey CX, how about a screen size, so we can start making some wallpapers?
    09-16-08 05:53 PM
    I'm not sure how you could tell that, unless there is a way to view pictures "actual size" on the device, and you could upload them to the device in some way. If Crucial has been able to see some inside technical documentation, then you'd know, but just having access to the device would be difficult to tell. Keep in mind the rumored 480x360 IS better than the iphone, yet not necessarily better than WinMo devices. So it really comes down to is CX comparing it to iPhone, or to HTC Diamond?

I'm holding out hope for VGA+, so I hope you're right about the *wink wink/nudge nudge*...

Actually that would be a question that could be answered without revealing secrets... have you seen a HTC diamond, and would you consider it a "touch" device?
    09-16-08 06:00 PM
    CX is under a NDA, so he cant say.... though perhaps he might be able to hint at if Kevin Byrne was correct in the size he released....

09-16-08 06:01 PM
    I'm not sure how you could tell that, unless there is a way to view pictures "actual size" on the device, and you could upload them to the device in some way. If Crucial has been able to see some inside technical documentation, then you'd know, but just having access to the device would be difficult to tell. Keep in mind the rumored 480x360 IS better than the iphone, yet not necessarily better than WinMo devices. So it really comes down to is CX comparing it to iPhone, or to HTC Diamond?

I'm holding out hope for VGA+, so I hope you're right about the *wink wink/nudge nudge*...

Actually that would be a question that could be answered without revealing secrets... have you seen a HTC diamond, and would you consider it a "touch" device?
    i do find it kinda funny that the iphone has a smaller screen than the touch
    09-16-08 06:05 PM
    I think it's perfect. IMHO. I think the Iphone feels too big. But there isn't that "soft" touch with the 95xx. I think it's the perfect size. Everything just feels right.
    I love the way the Curve feels. That soft feel is such a nice change from my original silver Q, which in comparison felt cold and emotionless.
    09-16-08 06:08 PM
    Good news, thanks for the verification CX!
    09-16-08 06:12 PM
    Ok, let me rephrase that. Would something like this look good?

09-16-08 06:15 PM
    Excellent. thanks!
    09-16-08 06:30 PM
    I'm still looking forward to seeing the back of this phone!
    09-16-08 06:32 PM
    wont you have to make 2 different wall papers? one that is for landscape and one for portrait?

side note, how big is the 8830 so i can compare that to the size of the storm.
    09-16-08 06:35 PM
    wont you have to make 2 different wall papers? one that is for landscape and one for portrait?

I would assume only 1 wallpaper, but that's just a guess...

Still waiting on whether or not Crucial has used a HTC Diamond/Raphael with a VGA screen...
    09-16-08 06:37 PM
    2.6 in x 0.6 in x 4.5 in
    09-16-08 06:41 PM
    2.6 in x 0.6 in x 4.5 in
    Ryan that should read 4.5 x 2.6 x 0.6
    As far as the actual screen size, you're not getting that out of me, sorry. Theres a reason it hasn't been discussed, among other things.
    09-16-08 06:54 PM
    As far as the actual screen size, you're not getting that out of me, sorry. Theres a reason it hasn't been discussed, among other things.
    But you can clarify if you have used a VGA touch device such as the HTC diamond, can't you? That's not commentating on the Storm, just your experience...
    09-16-08 06:56 PM
    Ryan that should read 4.5 x 2.6 x 0.6

I know, I know, sorry, but I figured you never get tired of us trying to pry it out of you.
    09-16-08 06:57 PM
    But you can clarify if you have used a VGA touch device such as the HTC diamond, can't you? That's not commentating on the Storm, just your experience...
    Used? No. I have seen it in action though.

Edit: No SLVR, only on one particular product.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 09-16-08 at 07:11 PM.
    09-16-08 07:00 PM
    Unless he would be under NDA regarding the HTC Diamond also......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 07:02 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD