That is ******** ******** if this device is exclusive to Verizon. It makes no sense what so ever either.
    06-07-08 12:46 PM
    I dont think it will be a Verizon exclusive. RIM had to have learned from the iPhone Debacle? T-Mobile and Verizon will surely be the two main carriers with the Thunder. But funnier things have happend.
    06-07-08 02:16 PM
    The resolution question could be interesting. With the bold being 1/2 VGA (480x320) doubling the screen real estate would make it a full VGA or 640x480.

Could anyone share the screen spec's for the iPhone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea I'm still waiting for the resolution specs. I'm going to be dissappointed if it's the same as the Bold (480x320) but I'm staying optimistic and hoping for a 640x480.
    06-08-08 05:44 AM
    any ideas when this will hit the streets?
    06-08-08 12:02 PM
    it makes since to do an exclusive vzw release only since the thunder is designed to compete with the iphone. vzw just bought altell and now is the largest carries in the us. and let us not forget that apple come to verizon first with the iphone but they were turned down
    06-08-08 01:42 PM
    Do you all think it will come with an accelerometer like the iphone?
    06-10-08 04:31 PM
    Idk about that because after seeing the picture of it from Boy Genius Report, it doesnt look like it will be. It looks right only right-side up...if that makes sense.
    06-10-08 08:26 PM
    I think it will have something like it. I expect a landscape keyboard option for easier thumb typing. I also expect some type of button push feedback like on the LG touch screen phones. I just hope RIM can come up with a media and webbrowsing experience that will make the Thunder a worthy opponent to the iPhone.
    06-11-08 08:28 AM
    What other apps does Verizon cripple other than GPS? I'm just curious.
    Java only works on Blackberries on Verizon, on other carriers it works on all phones.

Fewer phones with wifi. I don�t understand this since Verizon requires you to purchase a data plan with the Blackberry.

GPS on the Curve ONLY works with Verizon�s service. Even when you pay the $10, you can�t get your location on Blackberry or Google maps. Verizon has added a code to prevent these programs from utilizing the GPS chip. GPS works fine with these programs on Sprint whether you pay for their service or not.

They also cripple consumer choice. Verizon takes forever to release devices. Once again, they are in step with other CDMA carrier with respect to Blackberries, but Palm and Windows mobile devices come out much quicker on Sprint and even Alltel.

That said, the Thunder will be a great device, and enabling GPS to work with other applications is an easy enough hack. I�m sure someone will unlock it for the Curve and this devices in no time.
    06-11-08 09:14 AM
    That said, the Thunder will be a great device, and enabling GPS to work with other applications is an easy enough hack. I�m sure someone will unlock it for the Curve and this devices in no time.
    I dont know about that. People have tried unlocking the GPS on VZW Blackberries and it doesnt work. I hope you're right, though.
    06-11-08 01:37 PM
    Boy Genius Report

Since we were the first ones to break the news about a touchscreen BlackBerry device, it�s only fitting that we follow up and give y�all the real lowdown on it! This is going to excite a lot of people, but anger many. Are you ready? The BlackBerry Thunder, as it is codenamed now, (all you "reporting" on it as the Storm are incorrect) will launch in Q3 of this year. It is a full touchscreen BlackBerry � no slide out keyboard � with only 4 physical keys. Those are the send / end phone keys, the BlackBerry menu key, and the back key. Here is the most interesting part, though: it will launch as a worldwide lifetime exclusive on Verizon and Vodafone!
    LMAO...he called the other people out and was wrong in the end about the name...you've got to love early speculation. (if anyone is curious why I posted on this thread it's because I went to the very last thread on the very "last/earliest" page in the Storm forum).
    04-11-09 06:01 PM
    LMAO...he called the other people out and was wrong in the end about the name...you've got to love early speculation. (if anyone is curious why I posted on this thread it's because I went to the very last thread on the very "last/earliest" page in the Storm forum).
    Well this was worthless to create a post on. Way to bring back a thread that many people had heard code name "thunder".
    04-11-09 06:33 PM
    Wow. How cool of you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 06:33 PM
    I actually found it kind of interesting reading the speculation over a year ago regarding the Storm, comparing it to the current speculations about Niagra, Storm 2, etc.

They were pretty much in the dark about what the Storm eventually became. Good thing to keep in mind when speculating about other upcoming devices.
    04-11-09 08:52 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD