I wouldn't be surprised if the GSM version of the storm hits before Verizon cdma version. That would be hilarious- still no release date- they need to get there act together. Glad i have t-mobile- at least they know how to release a phone.
    11-04-08 12:39 PM
    Yea, im glad you have T-mobile too. We have a release date. VZW internal information.
    11-04-08 12:41 PM
    Vodafone germany releases it on 14th./15th november

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 12:50 PM
    Have fun with your pipe dreams allenstu. You're more than welcome to import one from Vodaphone and have an almost complete Storm....I'll wait an extra week or so and keep my great service and fully working storm.

Besides...you'll be paying out the tookus in order to import it and IF the storm comes out in the next week those on Verizon will get it maybe a day or two after those importing it.
    11-04-08 12:56 PM
    There was something on WirelessAdvisor.com that stated the release date was going to be the 15th. Don't shoot the messenger. This is what I read.
    11-04-08 12:58 PM
    There were several sites yesterday saying that the 9500 was releasing this Friday, the 7th.

I don't think they were very trustworthy sites though.
    11-04-08 01:11 PM
    Well I think that we will get it when it's ready like so many others keep saying. I mean why get it then complain something is laggin or not good. i would much rather wait til it's up and a great device so if that means to wait another month I'm fine with that. Before I was in a rush but the more I educate myself the more I think I'd rather wait. I have been reading the manual for the storm. I uploaded.
    11-04-08 02:51 PM
    Yeah don't freak out sounds like vodaphone is pushing the phone thru with an early os build....Myself I wouldn't mind because I could just update but most consumers would NOT understand and be upset.

11-04-08 03:02 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if the GSM version of the storm hits before Verizon cdma version. That would be hilarious- still no release date- they need to get there act together. Glad i have t-mobile- at least they know how to release a phone.
    the gsm version will be out before the cdma model, voda is getting it out this friday...

when is tmo getting theirs? not until mid 2009 at the earliest
    u'r right, tmo does know how to release a phone.. like the s****y G1, released with a ton of bugs and email that doesn't work
    11-04-08 03:11 PM
    What's hilarious is that you actually called the device "Thunder" in your title. I'm glad you're with T-Mobile...please stay there. T-Mobile needs to be applauded regarding their launch of the G1. By royally screwing up that launch, they've shown other carriers how not to repeat shameful mistakes when releasing a highly anticipated, new, and buggy device. Truly well done. But of course your G1 isn't riddled with issues right, because you don't even have one. Nuh uh, you knew better didn't you. You're using the iPhone. Hey, at least T-Mobile didn't screw up the launch of the iPhone on their vaunted network right...LOL!

If only VZW could get their act together like T-Mobile...*tear drop*

Stop embarrassing yourself...
    11-04-08 03:51 PM
    ^^^ Let's also not forget the fact that T-Mobile turned off data for all G1 owners after their initial 1 month free period (those who qualified for it) and then forgetting to turn on the standard data which they charge for, without forcing the user to call in to Customer Service.
    11-04-08 04:08 PM
    Yeah it's not T-mobile more like T-MOBILL
    Ok let's keep it nice before we upset the moderator
    11-04-08 04:24 PM
    Let's not forget that all verizon users pay twice as much as i do. For what it will cost to out right buy one i can do with the savings i have in a years time with not using verizons overpriced network that is no better than t-mobile. I will have a storm and spend 50 a month not a hundred at least like all of the verizon users- enough said.
    11-04-08 04:26 PM
    Close this please.
    11-04-08 04:27 PM
    Hush... or I won't let you borrow my phone to make a call when you don't have coverage indoors.
    11-04-08 04:29 PM
    Close this please.
    Yes please do.......................................!
    Hatin jus hatin is all it is..........................
    11-04-08 04:33 PM
    Let's not forget that all verizon users pay twice as much as i do. For what it will cost to out right buy one i can do with the savings i have in a years time with not using verizons overpriced network that is no better than t-mobile. I will have a storm and spend 50 a month not a hundred at least like all of the verizon users- enough said.

I thought you had to be at least 18 to sign a contract? By the sound of that rant im guessing 15(ish?) You pay 50 a month for cell service that doesnt work indoors. Lets not even get into a discussion about T-mobiles internet coverage....

Cool, you pay less than i do a month! My phone works everywhere i go and when i get bored in airports or at my familys summer home in the U.P of Michigan i can log on to this site just fine. The phrase "you get what you pay for" isnt just a phrase, its reality.
    11-04-08 06:41 PM
    VZW plans don't cost as much as u think, def not 100, dunno what company u'r quoting.

and even IF we paid twice as much as tmo, we get 100x better coverage and service.

and have fun waiting for the t-mo storm to come out while we all play with ours on vzw 3g
    11-04-08 07:38 PM
    What is this 'Thunder GSM' he is talking about?
    11-04-08 08:01 PM
    C'mon everybody. Theres no need for a carrier war.
    11-04-08 08:09 PM
    I thought you had to be at least 18 to sign a contract? By the sound of that rant im guessing 15(ish?) You pay 50 a month for cell service that doesnt work indoors. Lets not even get into a discussion about T-mobiles internet coverage....

Cool, you pay less than i do a month! My phone works everywhere i go and when i get bored in airports or at my familys summer home in the U.P of Michigan i can log on to this site just fine. The phrase "you get what you pay for" isnt just a phrase, its reality.
    You get what you pay for is a reality- guess what - when i am in the airport i get FREE wi fi- that is the reality of the situation. My point has been made- time to move on. I am not getting caught up in some stupid my carrier is better than yours crap.
    11-04-08 09:49 PM
    You get what you pay for is a reality- guess what - when i am in the airport i get FREE wi fi- that is the reality of the situation. My point has been made- time to move on. I am not getting caught up in some stupid my carrier is better than yours crap.
    Ummm, you kinda started the carrier war with this thread..
    11-04-08 10:05 PM
    C'mon everybody. Theres no need for a carrier war.
    I'm changing your title from Professor to Saint.................
    11-04-08 10:46 PM

Actually, unless your Verizon phone has a GSM slot, it won't work internationally. That's indoors or outdoors.

Also, T-Mobile offers the capability to utilize VOIP on many of their BlackBerries, so the coverage may become limitless with the advancements in wireless networking and increased number of hotspots. And since a lot more people in the US nowadays have WiFi routers at home, they can overcome indoor coverage issues even in a home with grounded walls.

I would also suggest you consider the fact that Verizon locks down many of the functions on their devices so that they can charge you additional monthly costs for capabilities built into the phones that are free on other carriers.

Did I mention that Verizon customer service is considered so-so compared to T-Mobile who wins awards yearly? I know I always like customer reps telling me how wrong I am when I call in for help.

But hey, T-Mobile is horrible. Right?

11-04-08 11:58 PM
    Well, I'd much rather pay twice as much for Verizon and KNOW that I will have coverage everywhere. I had T-Mobile for a couple months until I was driving from Toledo to Columbus one day and had NO coverage for a good 45 miles. Yeah, T-Mobile rocks.
    11-05-08 08:27 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD