ppc-6600 pda phone
    ppc-6700 htc
    ppc-6800 htc
    ppc-6900 htc
    traded the 6900 back for the 6800

iphone 3g 16gb
    G1 Google Phone / htc

BB storm 9530

I am glad i got away from the microsoft operating system.
    I was bored with the iphone
    the g1 got old quickly

I am happy with the 3.5mm audio jack, htc has the dam usb audio connector.

I'm getting better with the typing, the loosening of the torx screws helped out alot.

the new firmware helped as well.

What the **** is up with the scroll bar in the audio / video player. 2% of the time it comes up, and 1/2 the time when it does, it works like sh!t.

I want google maps, but i searched and it seems like google is working on it.

The audio is almost too quiet when listening to music, the "LOUD" button on the equalizer seems to make 1% difference.

Over all im happy.

12-09-08 10:52 PM
    Yep...

I also never understood why manufacturers make multimedia smartphones and forget to put a 3.5mm headphones jack on it. Puzzles me every time I see this.

Hopefully next couple of updates will fix those issues with the media player.

Email the suggestions for the fix or others to [email protected]
    12-09-08 10:56 PM
    Glad to hear another positive experience. Good to hear the sound of satisfaction that matches my own.
    12-09-08 11:02 PM
    The scroll bar will come up if you click the screen while playing a song or video. It still sucks though if you're trying to be precise.
    12-09-08 11:19 PM
    the scroll bar seems to take 5-10 clicks on the screen when the media is playing to ocassionaly bring up the scroll bar.

Sometimes i get lucky / mostly i dont ;(
    12-10-08 01:19 AM
    I want google maps, but i searched and it seems like google is working on it.
    Google Maps already works on the storm and it's very nice. The only thing it isn't able to do right now is interface with the GPS chip in the Storm, but from what I've read the chip isn't locked so hopefully Google will update to support it.

Point your Storm browser to m.google.com/maps to get it.
    12-10-08 02:06 AM
    Google Maps already works on the storm and it's very nice. The only thing it isn't able to do right now is interface with the GPS chip in the Storm, but from what I've read the chip isn't locked so hopefully Google will update to support it.

Point your Storm browser to m.google.com/maps to get it.

thanks
    ----------------------
    12-10-08 04:50 AM
    Wow...that's quite a history of PDA's!

It's impressive that the G1 "got old", considering how long it's been out!

Also to note; while Google Maps doesn't yet interface with the GPS chip, it can give you approximate location, based on cell tower location. Puts you in the ballpark, which is good enough most of the time.
    12-10-08 07:59 AM
    I guess i did not word it right.

It was nice, but i got bored with it, plus i really wanted to see what all the blackberry fuss was all about. Plus the 3.5 mm audio jack sealed it for me. I know i could have used a little $9.00 usb to 3.5mm adapter, but thats one more thing to lose.

I was going to buy a new mp3 player for the gym. Now i have a new phone and great working mp3 player / except for the seek bar that never works, which im sure bberry will soon fix. The playback is also better on the storm than the g1, but no where near as good as the iphone. Dont even get me started about the ppc / microsoft media player, ewwwwww.

I found myself hiding my iphone, i never wanted to look like the j-a$$ who sits in a coffee shop, typing on his mac book, with his iphone placed out of reach, but in total view of anybody whom walked by.

I know it sounds petty, but i would literally hide it.

But judging from my phone history, i'm f-ing picky and never satisfied.
    And if you buy the latest and greatist, you should have no problem selling it if yah get bored.

12-10-08 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD