Trance Civic? I'm disgusted. Try some intelligent deep or tech house. Much better for the brain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol, it's not all Trance that I like. The bottom line is that it really depends on the beat/song/mix. There is certain trance that I don't like at all. A good mix IS a good mix, a bad one does not make up anything if it's Trance or House in my book. If I don't like it, I don't like it.
    02-15-10 10:27 AM
    Good to know the storm 2 is working for you. I too thought it was the same device until I typed with the store model. The screen improvement was instantly noticeable.

But I'm happy with my storm 1 and think $200 is a bit steep. I'm mostly satisfied with my storm the only gripe I have is with the memory leaks. I suppose when I've has enough of rebooting every four days I'll upgrade.

But there are so many good choices now deciding on a new phone will be a hard choice.

02-15-10 05:40 PM
    S2 is 1000 times better than the S1... hardware is so much nicer than on the S1.
    02-16-10 12:50 AM
    Well obviously the op hasn't had their hands on a droid. The most awesomest device in the VZ lineup. lol im jk guys. I really do miss my s1... especially push email.... sigh.. If there was a way to port over the suretype from S1, i would have the perfect device The droid is a really good device out of the box, but now 2x better with it being rooted and all the awesome roms out for it. Not to mention the overclock . Civic, do you use Pandora or another streaming service? I've been meaning to use something different. For some odd reason, whenever i use Pandora with headphones on, i get some background noise which is quite irritating at times. Without headphones on, its just fine.
    02-16-10 12:52 AM
    lol, that's too much music right there... I tend to stream a lot of my music. Since I like Trance and such, a lot of that music is available at no cost via online radio.
    I've started to stream more too. You should see our house...CD's and vinyl all OVER the place. Working on getting it all ripped so we can get rid of it before I lose my mind.

lol, they certainly do need to work on that power management a little. But here's the kicker with that. Remember when the Bold (same radio chipset as the iPhone) was initially launched and had power issues with the radio. I really do think the crappy battery life has something to do with that rather then the overall use of the device itself. I know people that have iTouches that last a pretty long time doing web stuff and even Slingbox streaming over WIFI. I really think the problems stem from the crap *** Infenion (or whomever) radio chipset they use in there. The Bold had similar issues and in some cases still does... seems to me AT&T's 3G radio technology (to to mention the lack of signal which makes for contant switching back and forth from the radio) is really the root of the problem. I don't think Apple will ever make anything with a removable battery, they haven't yet and they'll probably never start to either. They like to keep stuff pretty simple and with 2 year life expectancies in their technical docs, they don't really care to help you extend that margin.
    You're right, they probably won't, which really pizzes me off. least they could do is figure out a way to get a bigger battery in there or something. i would gladly carry an iPhone that's 1mm thicker if it means the battery will last a few hours...lol! Actually, I wish it were thicker anyway...it's hard to hold onto in my big man hands...lol!
    02-16-10 01:02 AM
    Entirely possible....the only time I do a battery pull is because I installed or removed an app. As for the memory, which currently is booting at around 108MB, I once did a battery pull because it hadn't changed in a long time and I thought perhaps it wasn't reading correctly (I was wrong). I rarely drop below -1.0 meg from the boot up and on occasion, I see it climb 3 or 4 MB (haven't figured out why that is yet). It's stable in that regards, for certain.

WHAT?!?! Are you serious, A month???

Holy crap
    Meh, if VZW offered me a free storm 2 last fall when it first came out i'd go for it, but i won't be extending my upgrade date over it. i can only hope better phones come out. the storm 2 is what the storm 1 should have been, but a year too late. the storm 1 does everything i want (within the realm of possibility for both the storm 1 and 2)...and even though the storm 2 has opengl support.. there still aren't any games that im aware of that take advantage of it, especially considering the storm 2 still only has 256mb of app memory.

the browser still sucks and there are plenty of other problems that i'd like to see fixed that the storm 2 doesn't do. its not enough of an upgrade to make me reset my NE2 / upgrade eligibility date.
    Well obviously the op hasn't had their hands on a droid. The most awesomest device in the VZ lineup. lol im jk guys.
    My wife has the HTC Droid they are sexy devices, she says its her favorite phone yet. And the google app integration is killer on the droid, but they do have their strength and weakness. I feel the Droid OS is more evolution than revolution.

Probably the single most revolutionizing platform for hand held devices is the palm OS. They killed themselves by going with sprint exclusively.

Pandora with headphones on, i get some background noise which is quite irritating at times. Without headphones on, its just fine.
    Oh yeah the answer is simple use your storm

02-16-10 08:35 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD