I just received a new in box Storm as a replace after the last 2 refurbished ones have been crap!! When you all returned yours, did you all keep the accessories? I was just going to put my phone in my old box and send it in with no accessories since the instructions says to keep your accessories. What did you all do?
    01-23-09 09:50 AM
    You keep your accessories. Replacement phones does not come with anything but phone and SIM card, thats it.
    01-23-09 09:51 AM
    Should have been an instruction sheet in the shipping box telling you what to return. Sometimes they want just the phone sometimes they want everything.
    01-23-09 10:05 AM
    When they replaced mine I got a brand new one so I sent everything back. I now wish I'd kept the battery foe a spare but oh well.
    01-23-09 10:12 AM
    keep everything, including the battery and the memory card. like chan said, the only thing that comes in the box is the phone and the sim card.
    01-23-09 10:17 AM
    If you received a NIB phone it came with everything, contrary to other posters replies. If it was in a brown refurb box you only got the phone.

I received a NIB replacement and kept the battery and memory card and I have not heard anything!

It's your call, could go good or bad. Worst that happens you have to send the rest of the stuff back!
    01-23-09 10:21 AM
    I got my replacement phone , it was NIB as well. I have had it for about 2 months now and they have not asked for it or nor have they billed me.. if and when they do ill simply send it back to them.
    01-23-09 10:24 AM
    If you really needed a new battery, I'm sure VZW can supply another battery. They know there have been issues with battery life. They will probably swap your old one with a new one.
    01-23-09 10:30 AM
    How many of these threads do we need? If you are going to "steal" at least be sensible about it and dont post so that others emulate your behaviour.

You get a brown box - it only has phone and back cover; send only that back.

You get a BNIB replacement - send EVERYTHING back as they just sent you a new replacement for EVERYTHING.

Stop fracking keeping things that do not belong to you and writing about it in blogs!!!!!
    01-23-09 10:31 AM
    How many of these threads do we need? If you are going to "steal" at least be sensible about it and dont post so that others emulate your behaviour.

You get a BNIB replacement - send EVERYTHING back as they just sent you a new replacement for EVERYTHING.

Stop fracking keeping things that do not belong to you and writing about it in blogs!!!!!
    AMEN Brother!!!!!
    01-23-09 10:34 AM

It's not stealing when a VZW rep tells you to keep everything and send back the phone!

Not my fault VZW reps are incompetent and don't know who gets a refurb and who gets a NIB!
    01-23-09 10:38 AM

VZ rep at store said keep them (battery, SD card, Battery Cover), VZ tech support said keep them, Asurion said keep them....it's not stealing if they tell you that you can keep it, don't get mad that you sent it all back with your replacement and missed out on the free battery, SD card, Headphones, Charger, and Battery Cover....boo hoo
    01-23-09 10:48 AM
    ^^ I'm curious - you got a NIB phone and then you called the verizon rep to ask what you could keep and what you could send back....and he/she told you to only send back a phone????

I'm pretty sure if anyone called them AFTER receiving a NIB phone and asked them what to send back, the answer would be to send EVERYTHING from your old phone back....
    01-23-09 10:50 AM
    VZ rep at store said keep them (battery, SD card, Battery Cover), VZ tech support said keep them, Asurion said keep them....it's not stealing if they tell you that you can keep it, don't get mad that you sent it all back with your replacement and missed out on the free battery, SD card, Headphones, Charger, and Battery Cover....boo hoo
    I'm not mad, trust me....I like to always be fair even if the other guy's an *****...but hey, if you did call and ask and they said so, good for you! I just dont think its appropriate to tell people on here to do this as a routine. It's wrong and will only hurt us consumers in the long run.
    01-23-09 10:52 AM
    ^^ I'm curious - you got a NIB phone and then you called the verizon rep to ask what you could keep and what you could send back....and he/she told you to only send back a phone????

I'm pretty sure if anyone called them AFTER receiving a NIB phone and asked them what to send back, the answer would be to send EVERYTHING from your old phone back....
    Really, ....... Really! Your pretty sure? Thanks for your opinion!
    01-23-09 10:54 AM
    if they send u a NIB phone w/accesories you keep everything and just send back the old phone . my friend had this happen called vzw b.c was unsure what to do and they told him to just send back old phone .. its not stealing when they tell you to keep everything ppl get a grip .
    01-23-09 11:05 AM
    When I got my replacement phone (NIB) I called VZW to double check on what I need to send back. They CSR told me just to send the old phone back and nothing else. So thats what I did and now I have 2 of everything!
    01-23-09 11:41 AM
    I kinda have an off topic question. What happened to your phones that you needed to get a replacement?
    01-23-09 12:05 PM
    It's not stealing when a VZW rep tells you to keep everything and send back the phone!

Not my fault VZW reps are incompetent and don't know who gets a refurb and who gets a NIB!
    I have seen so far 5 cases of these "incompetent" employees telling you to just return the phone. So far in all 5 cases, the people who kept the extra memory card and charger got billed full retail price for those items. It takes 2-3 billing cycles but there is a good chance you will get caught and billed for what you kept that you shouldn't have.

Just because they are incompetent does not mean you have the right to break the law. Pretty simple concept. Claiming you were misinformed does not nullify actions that you know are wrong. It all comes back full circle, but like I said it takes a few cycles.
    01-23-09 12:07 PM
    I called about the same thing (I got an FRU that came with EVERYTHING, just as new and I also got a brand new as I wasn't supposed to get an FRU in the first place). I was very specific with the rep and she told me to send everything back that came in the box except what needed replacing (in this case, just the phone and SIM card) or I would be charged. She assured me that it may take awhile to catch up to billing, but it would and I would be charged.

I was OK with that as I didn't pay for the extra accessories in the first place.
    01-23-09 12:11 PM
    I'm confused about this still. I received a new replacement in the box with everything also. I called before I sent it back to ask exactly what to send back & the rep told me to just send back the phone & nothing else.
    01-23-09 01:12 PM
    I'm confused about this still. I received a new replacement in the box with everything also. I called before I sent it back to ask exactly what to send back & the rep told me to just send back the phone & nothing else.
    Thats because the rep is prob unaware you were sent a whole new unit. They are trained basically on FRU units where you should only be sent a phone.
    01-23-09 01:40 PM
    I bought my phone on day one and it had an issue with the touch screen not being able to sense touch in an area of the screen. It was replaced with a brand new in the box unit. I was honest enough to send back everything I got with the phone. Some of you are amazing...
    01-23-09 01:47 PM
    It said on my bill & the box FRUBB9530. Can anybody tell me what that means?
    01-23-09 01:48 PM
    Field Replaceable Unit, Blackberry, model 9530

Basically it just says your storm is a refurbished unit.
    01-23-09 02:32 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD