I am not going to start a storm bashing thread, so no need to go there.

I am unhappy with the last verizon official update (dimming issues mainly), and basically the lack of support for the storm 1. So my question is what phone do I go to now (and yes, I know I am on a BB site, so spare me)? I have thought about the easy switch to the storm 2, but wondering if there is a storm 3 in the works and am going to have the same issues shortly. I was thinking the curve, but really like a touch screen. Also, the droid has popped around in my head.

Does anyone have some good info - pro's and con's on certain phones, especially from experience?
    04-07-10 02:36 AM
    Is there hardware problems with your Storm? If its software you can always downgrade to a stable OS. If you are just sick of the phone i would suggest upgrading to a Storm 2 as it is a better device. Although there's always rumors about the Storm 3 but no one knows when that's coming. I've made the mistake of selling my Storm 1 awhile back to go to an Andriod device and now i couldn't find a good deal (Telus) so i'm back on a Tour. The Tour is a very nice device but the screen is way too small comparing to the Storm hence Storm 2 will be your top choice i think.
    04-07-10 06:05 AM
    Is there hardware problems with your Storm? If its software you can always downgrade to a stable OS. If you are just sick of the phone i would suggest upgrading to a Storm 2 as it is a better device. Although there's always rumors about the Storm 3 but no one knows when that's coming. I've made the mistake of selling my Storm 1 awhile back to go to an Andriod device and now i couldn't find a good deal (Telus) so i'm back on a Tour. The Tour is a very nice device but the screen is way too small comparing to the Storm hence Storm 2 will be your top choice i think.
    Completely agree. OR like me, just hold out for the Storm 3, most likely a year wait though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 06:44 AM
    I'm betting on Storm 3 to be released this holiday season. So, if you can wait that long, hold out for the new best thing!

04-07-10 08:15 AM
    Whatever you do, if Email is a big deal to you stay away from the DROID. I got one around Thanksgiving and just last week kicked it to the curb for the trusty Storm. Its like night and day! Now to figure out a way to get a Storm 2....
    04-07-10 07:45 PM
    I'm feeling exactly the same. Tired of the storm and all its issues. I've been eye balling the droid. Want to stay with Blackberry but I want a touch screen. Do I wait for a s3?

04-07-10 08:34 PM
    I have been really leaning HTC Incredible, Android. Rumored Snapdragon Processor, 8MP Camera, at least 512MB Memory, touchscreen with a trackpad and possibly launching at the end of April. The Moto Droid never interested me for some reason, and RIM has let me down too much to get my hopes too high for the Storm 3. All we ever here is about how great the next thing from RIM is going to be, then they take forever to launch and it is about the same as before with minor improvements. Just look how far Android has came since Oct. 2008 when the first Android handset launched, compared to how far RIM has came sine the Storm launched in Nov 2008.

HTC Incredible - Android Forums
    04-07-10 08:46 PM
    You know you may want to try one of the hybrids from bbhybrids.net. I use a 517/607 hybrid and it really works well on Verizon. It can be a little confusing to keep up with the "latest" hybrid, but I think they are trying combinations of OS files to make the "best" OS. Changing the OS is pretty easy so I never worry about getting stuck with something if I want to try something else.

I use this T_heArchitect-Storm-9530-9500-Hybrid-V-1.5-517-607 and am very happy with it.

I also have a Tour and like the extra memory and speed. After replacing the trackball, it works well. Even though I can type much faster on the Tour, I couldn't go back to the smaller screen.

So I'd put a vote in for Storm 1 with a hybrid OS if your contract isn't up or you're not sure which phone you may eventually want. I'd say a Storm 2 if you need/want to change now and really want a better performing "Storm 1." If none of these appeal to you, start thinking Droid or if you can wait, maybe an iPhone on VZW.
    04-07-10 09:07 PM
    Really like what I'm hearing about the Samsung Galaxy S.
    04-07-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD