Hi,
    I am Curve 8900 user and I am thinking about to buy Storm 9500. I would like to know how bad is battery life in comparing to BB 8900. Is it as bad as people talks about with the latest OS too?
    And what about Storm's software stability? I am used to have no need to reset my 8900, it is absolutly stable.
    And third thing, I have read, that camera quality is poor. The quality of 8900's camera is enough for me. Is it 9500 comparable or worse?
    02-28-10 07:50 AM
    The battery last about a day with me that's with little more than moderate use. The stablity of the phone is good in my own opinion and so is the camera. Of course its going to come down to personal opinion. Why don't you give a try for a day or two if you can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 11:08 AM
    I've yet to meet a blackberry with a good camera, so don't hold your breath here. A $79 canon camera from radioshack 3 years ago still blows the door off the storm, and any other phone I have tried. I only used the storm for things where it absolutely wasn't worth the 15 seconds to find my camera and turn it on.

As for stability, it depends how you use it. For a casual user who does 1-2 things at a time, it is fine, and since 5.0.0.328, actually works great. You will likely not encounter any problems.

If you are writing six emails an hour as other customers text, call, and email you while music is playing in the background, you are dooming the storm to failure. input system error, restarting while typing. you'll go to play a song right as you get a call and the phone will reboot. You'll be on the train typing an email while it's looking for service and music is in the background and the blue light following your typing will slow down until the phone restarts and loses your draft. Your ringtones will randomly change, it'll play chimes instead of sonar and you'll think you're getting an email when you're really getting an incoming phone call. All sorts of funky ****.

Be realistic with your expectations.
    02-28-10 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD