hey guys, right now i have my 8310 on at&t. when the onyx/bold 2 comes out, i plan on upgrading to that - but for the time being i was considering picking up an unlocked, used storm. i realize i wont have 3G, but my 8310 is EDGE only anyway.

any particular reason why i should or should not? i was considering a bold, but they seem to be jstu as much, if not more money than the storms are? and i woudl really like to try out the storm for an extended period of time.

what do you guys think i should do? bold? storm?
    09-21-09 12:16 AM
    If your cool with the click screen then you will be fine. There is a learning curve to it.
    Also. Look for threads about getting it fully working on att.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 04:27 AM
    No 3G? I have a storm and I have 3G....

Is this a UK only thing? Or dependant on my Provider? Im on Vodafone and get a rather Good 3G signal most places!?!
    09-21-09 04:30 AM
    The storm is a fun device. But like already said there is a learning curve with the touch screen.

09-21-09 04:45 AM
    No 3G? I have a storm and I have 3G....

Is this a UK only thing? Or dependant on my Provider? Im on Vodafone and get a rather Good 3G signal most places!?!
    Their on att. They can only get 2g because 3g around the world (except the usa) uses the same frequencies for voice/data
    The us data is a higher frequency band and the storm doesn't have a radio for using US days frequencies

And by the same frequencies I mean its more universal for network providers

09-21-09 05:06 AM
    Their on att. They can only get 2g because 3g around the world (except the usa) uses the same frequencies for voice/data
    The us data is a higher frequency band and the storm doesn't have a radio for using US days frequencies

And by the same frequencies I mean its more universal for network providers

Hmmm, learn something new every day. The Storm is a great device, as long as you stick a leaked OS on it.
    09-21-09 05:18 AM
    The Storm is the only BB I've had and I love it. Yes there is a learning curve with it but once you get it down...its cool.
    09-21-09 05:22 AM
    Thanks guys. I have only used a storm for maybe 5 minutes at a time. I figured the typing would be the "hardest" part, but I haven't had issues w/ it when I have used them. Now just to find one for sale!

09-21-09 07:57 AM
    storms are for sale all over the place! i grabbed mine of craigslist for 100 bucks. i see them sell cheap on ebay all the time.
    09-21-09 06:17 PM
    hey guys, right now i have my 8310 on at&t. when the onyx/bold 2 comes out, i plan on upgrading to that - but for the time being i was considering picking up an unlocked, used storm. i realize i wont have 3G, but my 8310 is EDGE only anyway.

any particular reason why i should or should not? i was considering a bold, but they seem to be jstu as much, if not more money than the storms are? and i woudl really like to try out the storm for an extended period of time.

what do you guys think i should do? bold? storm?
    It's really quite annoying, as it's taken me almost 10 minutes to type this, cos I can't set the cursor where I want it. Just something to consider...

I have a Bold, and a Storm unlocked on AT&T. The Storm is by all means a more fun experience. It's a lot better for watching movies, and browsing on the big screen! It is a huge pain to type in forums like this, as moving the cursor aroung to correct something constantly zooms in or puts the cursor at the start of your comment. There is a learning curve, but it's not too bad.

The Bold costs more, but it's just a better phone (I use the Storm more tho...). It runs much smoother, and a good deal faster. They're both good phones regardless.

09-21-09 09:28 PM
    Ust got one on ebay for under $200 - hopefully it gets here soon look forward to hangin around these parts more!

09-21-09 09:30 PM
    Sorry about that, but after 3 weeks, I still can't find a way to place the cursor anywhere w/o deletingg everythingg I've typed already. Probably the biggest drawback to this phone, since I love CB so much. The Edge speed is ok, and I've been fine without the 3G.

Good luck with whatever you get.

09-21-09 09:33 PM
    Thanks - I will be getting the 9700 when it comes out, just figured I would try out the storm for a few months, since its different than the trackball devices

09-21-09 09:35 PM
    Get the freakin storm two!!!

09-21-09 09:39 PM
    Nope. I'm on ATT (like my first post said) and no way in **** would I switch to vzw. Ever.

09-21-09 09:41 PM
    Nope. I'm on ATT (like my first post said) and no way in **** would I switch to vzw. Ever.

Swiiiiiitch

09-21-09 10:13 PM
    LOL - i would get an iphone before switching to verizon.

actually thats a lie. i woudl choke on a horse turd before getting an iphone
    09-21-09 10:15 PM
    The Storm will be fun for a while then. .167 has a better keyboard response than .148, which is probably the OS you'll have on it.

09-21-09 10:24 PM
    i planned on runnign a 5.0 OS on it - jsut not sure which one yet. got some reading to do
    09-21-09 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD