My employee just called and said that he stopped by yesterday and his friend couldnt show him the phone the manager wouldnt let it out. He said that and this is a quote "we dont want to be the store that pictures show up on crackberry" He said that they would be released in the third week of october. he asked about the price but was told thats the only thing they dont know yet. I asked if he thought his friend was just blowing smoke about it and he said that he has always been upfront with him on the stuff.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

oh yea thats the other thing he said

"it will be worth the wait"
    09-30-08 09:57 AM
    Let's see if we get any information tomorrow about either the price or the release date or maybe even today. I've noticed that there are usually big leaks on Tuesdays.
    09-30-08 10:08 AM
    nice cocaine nail, thats soooo 80s!!
    09-30-08 10:12 AM
    nice cocaine nail, thats soooo 80s!!

lol i had to go back to the pictures to see it.
    09-30-08 10:23 AM
    I see $149 for the Storm? Is it gonna be $149???
    thats for the pearl's call out card he was taking a picture in front of.
    09-30-08 10:52 AM
    Very few of us will actually notice the um34 cellbrite on the counter. Only leads me to believe this was a kiosk. Lucky, with that dummy model.
    09-30-08 11:33 AM
    Very few of us will actually notice the um34 cellbrite on the counter. Only leads me to believe this was a kiosk. Lucky, with that dummy model.
    OP said it was inside the circuit city... which is further verified in the pic that shows the pretty standard circuit city style carpet...
    09-30-08 12:03 PM
    Its already stamped that I'mma get it. Just want that price
    09-30-08 12:33 PM
    Its already stamped that I'mma get it. Just want that price
    i'm glad you've posted this same type of post in like 17 different threads. the price will come out when it comes out. we are all waiting on the price.
    09-30-08 12:36 PM
    This is exciting. My main concern is the ease of use when it comes to typing on the keyboard - I find even iPhone's touch keypad a bit difficult as it's not fast enough for the super long emails.
    09-30-08 01:35 PM
    Dang it! I was going to wait for this to come out but my 8330 called for me first. The thunder looks awesome btw.
    09-30-08 01:39 PM
    Let's see if we get any information tomorrow about either the price or the release date or maybe even today. I've noticed that there are usually big leaks on Tuesdays.
    Yeah, maybe this week they will tell us about the bluetooth!
    09-30-08 02:00 PM
    Okay, where are the rest of the pictures. I've clicked the jump, the reply, the picture, and nothing... I want to see it all... I can't wait!!
    09-30-08 02:03 PM
    At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised lol.
    09-30-08 02:13 PM
    LOL.... I hope it's something a bit more substantial.
    09-30-08 02:14 PM
    Thanks BBerry, the pics are beautiful!
    09-30-08 02:28 PM
    i'm glad you've posted this same type of post in like 17 different threads. the price will come out when it comes out. we are all waiting on the price.
    Yeah I know right? Just like the release date. I got this sir. Go thadaway. Thanks.
    09-30-08 02:52 PM
    Wow 8 pages well tommorow im going to go to that circuit city store and see if i can make a video of me actually pressing that dummy screen =P & no i do not do cocaine lol i just had to run out of the house fast and i didnt finish in time :] but yes im a guy, & sorry for the people that misunderstood about the price it was not 149 that was a phone that was on display sorry about that
    09-30-08 03:19 PM
    Well, it looks like Vodafone will be releasing the 9500 at the end of Oct. Not too sure about VZW, but they should basically be the same.
    09-30-08 03:21 PM
    Dummy phones are most commonly now functional phones that are placed in the store so you can interact with but will not work if stolen (due to the esn). Normally the only phones you will find that are non functional as the original "dummy phones" were are places like Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc. I use to work for Verizon taking customer service calls. Very rarely will VZW have a non functional display phone in their store. If they do, they're old phones no one wants. The reason I made the question of why no pics of the UI is because BBerry, though doing a great job, stated he was playing around with the touch screen and felt how it clicked. If in fact it's an original form of "dummy phone" the screen will not click due to being non functional, and as you correctly stated, would only be a photo of "happy people." <- LoL. I'd be happy too if I had the storm. If he had a working model I was hoping he could sneak back in and get some pics of the UI when he had a chance.
    the button screen could probably be pressed just like any other button on a dummy phone.
    09-30-08 03:39 PM
    Well, it looks like Vodafone will be releasing the 9500 at the end of Oct. Not too sure about VZW, but they should basically be the same.
    I thought VZW was going to be the first to release the Storm??
    09-30-08 03:56 PM
    I am most looking forward to the price and finding out what type of app store we will have to choose from!!
    09-30-08 03:57 PM
    Well, tomorrow is Wed again so we will prob. see more info. But I have signed up for email alerts and have only received the first one they sent out to everybody. Has anyone received any other email updates??
    09-30-08 03:59 PM
    I am most looking forward to the price and finding out what type of app store we will have to choose from!!
    I am very excited about the app store too! I can't wait to see what's in store
    09-30-08 03:59 PM
    Wow 8 pages well tommorow im going to go to that circuit city store and see if i can make a video of me actually pressing that dummy screen =P & no i do not do cocaine lol i just had to run out of the house fast and i didnt finish in time :] but yes im a guy, & sorry for the people that misunderstood about the price it was not 149 that was a phone that was on display sorry about that
    BBerry, thanks for the photos. Looks like you could use a new Storm... those pics were pretty blurry

Is it just me or does the screen size look larger than 3.25" when you compare it to the pearl and curve?
    09-30-08 04:00 PM
177 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD