uh the opening post was signed Diego Castillo Ramos.. from what I know, Diego is a man's name.
    There's your answer haha.
    09-30-08 12:52 AM
    Thanks you for the photos BBery, great scoop It looks amazing & great to see size in comparison to Pearl & Curve, nice work
    09-30-08 03:57 AM
    Great job on the photos BBerry. My only question is if it was a working dummy phone why didn't you quickly take some shots of the UI as well. I'm not calling you out on it because you alone getting these pics was a great jump towards the information that we want to know, hehe. Maybe you can go back in that store and like you said sneak a video or maybe get some more pics of the UI this time. Good work.
    09-30-08 04:02 AM
    BBerry -

You need to clip your pinkey fingernail.
    09-30-08 04:02 AM
    Great job on the photos BBerry. My only question is if it was a working dummy phone why didn't you quickly take some shots of the UI as well. I'm not calling you out on it because you alone getting these pics was a great jump towards the information that we want to know, hehe. Maybe you can go back in that store and like you said sneak a video or maybe get some more pics of the UI this time. Good work.
    Dummy = not functional. The UI is a sticker of happy people.
    09-30-08 04:03 AM
    Dummy = not functional. The UI is a sticker of happy people.
    Dummy phones are most commonly now functional phones that are placed in the store so you can interact with but will not work if stolen (due to the esn). Normally the only phones you will find that are non functional as the original "dummy phones" were are places like Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc. I use to work for Verizon taking customer service calls. Very rarely will VZW have a non functional display phone in their store. If they do, they're old phones no one wants. The reason I made the question of why no pics of the UI is because BBerry, though doing a great job, stated he was playing around with the touch screen and felt how it clicked. If in fact it's an original form of "dummy phone" the screen will not click due to being non functional, and as you correctly stated, would only be a photo of "happy people." <- LoL. I'd be happy too if I had the storm. If he had a working model I was hoping he could sneak back in and get some pics of the UI when he had a chance.
    09-30-08 04:21 AM
    The dummy phone could weigh more than a fuctional unit, the dummy phones are filled with metal to give it some weight (I actually opened a dummy unit one time) so dont judge the final weight on a non functional handset, it usually is never right. I have a a friend that used to work in verizon wireless engineering network department who still has some friends there, in fact, he said when he talked to him yesterday his screen saver just started flashing storm info and trainning events right at that moment. There was no info on release date or price yet (the two things I am requesting information on) but he is going to find out and let my firend know as much as he can this week.
    09-30-08 05:21 AM
    BBerrry, ur also on Electric Pig

BlackBerry Storm shows up in store. Initial reports: It’s very heavy! | Electricpig

I also remember AT&T actually saying that the Storm wasn't multi-touch and that the iPhone was, they may be hatin, the Storm will shut them up!

Also, if the rumors of the iPhone coming to Verizon Wireless are true (news is supposed to come in Jan at Macworld 2009 -- Verizon Wireless to get the iPhone? : Boy Genius Report), then Apple is in for a lot of hurt
    09-30-08 06:08 AM
    I also remember AT&T actually saying that the Storm wasn't multi-touch and that the iPhone was, they may be hatin, the Storm will shut them up!
    I know.. AT&T drinking too much HATErade .

(AT&T's propagandizing machine might skew the OP's findings in their favor).
    09-30-08 06:57 AM
    BBerry is a girl. Notice the long, slender fingers and wrist.
    LOL! They would have actually had to have SEEN a woman first to make that determination
    09-30-08 07:33 AM
    I see $149 for the Storm? Is it gonna be $149???

I was at the verizon store and me and my dad were talking about upcoming phones and we were talking about the touch diamond & when the verizon guy shows us this thunder dummy he had laying around so i got to mess with it and boy is it heavyy, but the back steel part feels nice and cold on your hands :] well here are some shots of the phones. Oh and that push button screen thingy yeah its not as hard actually its pretty easy to press.

Enjoi
    -Diego Castillo Ramos
    09-30-08 07:49 AM
    Thanks for posting the pictures, BBerry!
    09-30-08 08:07 AM
    The Dummy phone was brought out from the back. The 149 you see is for another phone.
    09-30-08 08:07 AM
    Dummy phones are most commonly now functional phones that are placed in the store so you can interact with but will not work if stolen (due to the esn). Normally the only phones you will find that are non functional as the original "dummy phones" were are places like Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc. I use to work for Verizon taking customer service calls. Very rarely will VZW have a non functional display phone in their store. If they do, they're old phones no one wants. The reason I made the question of why no pics of the UI is because BBerry, though doing a great job, stated he was playing around with the touch screen and felt how it clicked. If in fact it's an original form of "dummy phone" the screen will not click due to being non functional, and as you correctly stated, would only be a photo of "happy people." <- LoL. I'd be happy too if I had the storm. If he had a working model I was hoping he could sneak back in and get some pics of the UI when he had a chance.

this dummy phone was stated to be in a circuit city vzw location. i have seen some actual dummy phones there...
    09-30-08 08:09 AM

you are wrong. dummy phones (also known as mocks) are always non functional, and buttons do work on them. so if the screen is a button, it would push in. these phones are almost never put on public display (unless a live demo gets stolen and needs a temporary replacement). every single verizon phone that comes out has a dummy (mock) that gets sent to the store before release of the actual phone.

the live phones that are on display are just regular real phones and are known as demo phones. they are totally different then a mock phone.
    09-30-08 08:38 AM
    Great pictures.

Just a comment on the release date. Don't forget it has been rumored that it will be available first through business channels. If that is true we may see it mid October with main stream availability early November. I hope that is the chase as I would be able to get one, but I think it would be weird if they are going to have a huge marketing push to have staggered releases.
    09-30-08 08:48 AM
    Was the device available for customers to view or did the rep just it out of a drawer? Also how much heavier than the curve would you say? Was it a huge difference in weight?
    09-30-08 08:50 AM
    Well I received this post card from Verizon last week in the mail
    09-30-08 08:59 AM
    wow this phone is looking really nice.
    09-30-08 09:00 AM
    I thought it was intresting that oh phonearena.com they have a release date for the storem set for 11/2/08 which is a Sunday, dont know if there is any truth to that at all but I noticed that there is some other devices that they have for verizon release dates that have already passed and or not out yet so probably not
    09-30-08 09:07 AM
    So has anyone else called/gone to their VZW store to see if they have the dummies in yet?
    09-30-08 09:24 AM
    So has anyone else called/gone to their VZW store to see if they have the dummies in yet?

Yep, called 2 stores here in ATL. And they said they will probably not get a dummy until just a few days before the launch. I called the VZW store that the OP went to, and the rep told me he thinks his store is the only store with the Storm Dummy phone. He said he'd think other stores may get them by mid October.
    09-30-08 09:28 AM
    Yep, called 2 stores here in ATL. And they said they will probably not get a dummy until just a few days before the launch. I called the VZW store that the OP went to, and the rep told me he thinks his store is the only store with the Storm Dummy phone. He said he'd think other stores may get them by mid October.
    Hmmm...that's a little strange. I guess the OP's store is super-special lol.
    09-30-08 09:40 AM
    An employee of mine talked to his friend that works at a Verizon store. He said that they had a working Storm in the back that they were playing with. My employee is going to try to get it in his hands to see how it really works. But the info he got was thats its easy to use and fast. If he gets pics ill get them posted right away.
    09-30-08 09:42 AM
    An employee of mine talked to his friend that works at a Verizon store. He said that they had a working Storm in the back that they were playing with. My employee is going to try to get it in his hands to see how it really works. But the info he got was thats its easy to use and fast. If he gets pics ill get them posted right away.
    Great, thanks dude!
    09-30-08 09:53 AM
177 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD