Went to local VZW store today, my trackball had to be replaced. Anyway, they didn't have any dummy Storms there yet. Rep told me to check back with them every Friday for info??

BTW, don't count on it for Oct 1st! However, I do appreciate your wishful thinking. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yep, they haven't been sent out very long. But more and more stores should be getting them.
    09-29-08 10:13 PM
    I think the release is going to be before November 1st because of the dummy phone being there. The guys at my VZW store went for Storm training this week. Also, when the Curve came out in May, they got the dummy in a couple days before it came out. Soooo...lets hope for the best.
    09-29-08 10:14 PM
    G O D I hope your right! We've been waiting for this for WAY too long now.

09-29-08 10:21 PM
    i also didnt realize that many stores had the dummy phones anymore? my local corporate store doesnt keep any dummy phones on display.
    09-29-08 10:21 PM
    i also didnt realize that many stores had the dummy phones anymore? my local corporate store doesnt keep any dummy phones on display.
    They usually try not to display dummy ones. You usually have to ask to see it.
    09-29-08 10:24 PM
    Hey CX, you realize once we all get our hands on this phone you will have to start posting Storm tips!! Haha

09-29-08 10:25 PM
    Yeah the dude there got it from a cabinet :] lol so i guess you just have to ask, but he was cool enough to show me.
    09-29-08 10:26 PM
    Oh btw i wanna thank "Chris" Who posted a comment on the blackberrynews and they have now put my name so thank you i actually didnt care but now i feel like paris hilton for blackberries =D
    09-29-08 10:30 PM
    You're welcome BBerry

Figured gotta give credit where it is due
    09-29-08 10:34 PM
    Just a reminder:

Amazon.ca still has Blackberry X for dummies being published on Oct. 6th. If this book indeed gets published, all kinds of NDA goodies will be available. So, either the date is wrong, or the phone will be out by then.

Amazon.ca [Blackberry 'x' for Dummies, Robert Kao, Dante Sarigumba
    09-29-08 10:42 PM
    Just a reminder:

Amazon.ca still has Blackberry X for dummies being published on Oct. 6th. If this book indeed gets published, all kinds of NDA goodies will be available. So, either the date is wrong, or the phone will be out by then.

Amazon.ca [Blackberry 'x' for Dummies, Robert Kao, Dante Sarigumba
    On Buy.com is says it is being released on October 27th

I think we will see big news of some sort on Wednesday, though.
    09-29-08 10:47 PM
    Thanks BBerry!!!
    09-29-08 10:48 PM
    On Buy.com is says it is being released on October 27th

I think we will see big news of some sort on Wednesday, though.
    That's the thing I'm still trying to understand. At amazon.ca, its the 6th. On Amazon.com, its the 27th. Like, w-t-f mate. lol
    09-29-08 10:48 PM
    That's the thing I'm still trying to understand. At amazon.ca, its the 6th. On Amazon.com, its the 27th. Like, w-t-f mate. lol
    Well, the 6th release date is actually a "publishing" date. Is there a difference between publishing and release dates?
    09-29-08 10:52 PM
    Well, the 6th release date is actually a "publishing" date. Is there a difference between publishing and release dates?
    When it comes to books, publishing date = date in stores, or release dates. That I am pretty sure of.
    09-29-08 10:56 PM
    Thnx for the pics BBerry. Get that pinky nail taken care of, too.
    Last edited by skyys; 09-29-08 at 11:32 PM.
    09-29-08 11:02 PM
    Whatever the release date is, it just needs to hurry up, lol
    09-29-08 11:02 PM
    i thought it didn't have mulit-touch...

It is supposed to support multi-touch, even today's RIM announcement stated so

"BlackBerry Storm Partner Announcement

The upcoming BlackBerry Storm is the first touch screen BlackBerry smartphone from Research In Motion and it builds upon a variety of existing BlackBerry features and capabilities to produce a truly compelling touch experience. With the BlackBerry Storm, RIM will introduce a version of software (v4.7) that delivers a new set of APIs and capabilities for third party developers including:

1) Enhancements to the existing RIM User Interface APIs to provide support for touch and gestures including proper handling of multi-touch events.
    2) Support for MIDP applications that leverage touch.
    3) Virtual keyboard APIs
    4) Enhanced and open GPS APIs on all networks "

EDIT: Nice job BBerry
    09-29-08 11:05 PM
    On a note that coincides with everything we have been hearing about a big Blackberry marketing push....the baseball playoffs on TBS are all sponsored by "Blackberry" which incidentally is Oct. 1st...while i don't believe that will be the release date....i do believe we will see our first commercial.
    09-29-08 11:07 PM
    Damn dude, I read like every post in here to see if anyone besides me cought that. I thought coke nails went out with the 80s.
    09-29-08 11:10 PM
    On a note that coincides with everything we have been hearing about a big Blackberry marketing push....the baseball playoffs on TBS are all sponsored by "Blackberry" which incidentally is Oct. 1st...while i don't believe that will be the release date....i do believe we will see our first commercial.
    As someone previously stated on another thread, you rarely see commercials for a phone when it is not out yet. Maybe we will see a release on Wednesday, who knows? Just remember that VZW usually releases the phone and then begins to advertise. But I do think you're right as far as a commercial for the Storm goes, because remember that report from BGR about the VZW Storm commercial being made at a mall?They are probably all done with it and it will be shown soon...after the phone is released. I can never think of a time when they start commercials and then end it with, "BTW, coming out in 4 weeks!"
    09-29-08 11:36 PM
    Same here. I have never seen a commercial for anything that advertises something that is coming soon, unless its a Video game or somethign which is usually accompanied by the date. As for Phones, never.
    09-29-08 11:43 PM
    BBerry is a girl. Notice the long, slender fingers and wrist.
    09-30-08 12:44 AM
    uh the opening post was signed Diego Castillo Ramos.. from what I know, Diego is a man's name.
    09-30-08 12:49 AM
    Haha that'd be terrible if you were wrong. But I thought that at first too just cuzza the nail.
    09-30-08 12:50 AM
177 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD