I was at the verizon store and me and my dad were talking about upcoming phones and we were talking about the touch diamond & when the verizon guy shows us this thunder dummy he had laying around so i got to mess with it and boy is it heavyy, but the back steel part feels nice and cold on your hands :] well here are some shots of the phones. Oh and that push button screen thingy yeah its not as hard actually its pretty easy to press.

Enjoi
    -Diego Castillo Ramos
    09-29-08 08:27 PM
    Sorry for double post it only let me post 4 photos
    [IMG][/IMG]
    09-29-08 08:28 PM
    is this a live model or a dummy?

how would you know how the screen is going to be on the live on if your judging from a dummy?

just my $.02
    09-29-08 08:30 PM
    Wow, nice snag. That looks sexy as all get out.
    09-29-08 08:31 PM
    Dummy,(Not you the phone)
    Im talking on how the screen goes in like the ninja in the video said that it pushes like a button in yeah i thought you would have to apply a large amount of force but you dont-
    09-29-08 08:32 PM
    was the screen glass?
    09-29-08 08:33 PM
    Nice, people are going to love these.
    09-29-08 08:34 PM
    Idk i couldnt tell a diffrence from my dads samsung glyde =/
    09-29-08 08:36 PM
    so how did the "push in" mechanism work? was the screen like soft or something? or was it hard?

also, it makes wonder how long they had that thing lying around! it seems like that guy just pulled it out of nowhere!
    09-29-08 08:37 PM
    It was hard but when you pressed on the screen the whole thing went in, its complicated to explain. So just use your
    09-29-08 08:39 PM
    so how did the "push in" mechanism work? was the screen like soft or something? or was it hard?

also, it makes wonder how long they had that thing lying around! it seems like that guy just pulled it out of nowhere!
    The "dummy" devices were sent out a week and a half ago.
    09-29-08 08:42 PM
    ^^
    That thing looked like it has been there wayyy longer
    09-29-08 08:43 PM
    Nice, so it looks like the Verizon logo IS going to be on the back and not on the front. They are really dealing with this in the right way now. Thanks for posting these.

BBerry, is there anything that was unimpressive about the dummy that you think will bother you on the final version?
    09-29-08 08:46 PM
    I smell an upgrade!
    09-29-08 08:48 PM
    It was hard but when you pressed on the screen the whole thing went in, its complicated to explain. So just use your
    haha wow, i love that picture. i got a good laugh out of that.

anyways, you say the pushing mechanism it's complicated, but do you think it was something you wouldn't personally like? do you personally feel they completely messed up on this?

(i'm going to the nearest verizon store tomorrow, have to check this out)
    09-29-08 08:52 PM
    Not really the phone is perfect size not to wide but not to long and the battery door cover feels really really good in the hand, but the weight =/ im not sure it weighs more than the verizon voyager and thats kinda huge so idk but yeah the bottom buttons were easily pushed and overall ii really like the design of the phone
    09-29-08 08:52 PM
    Ok, all I can deduce from all this is that a release is imminent.
    09-29-08 08:54 PM
    haha wow, i love that picture. i got a good laugh out of that.

anyways, you say the pushing mechanism it's complicated, but do you think it was something you wouldn't personally like? do you personally feel they completely messed up on this?

(i'm going to the nearest verizon store tomorrow, have to check this out)
    I meant its complicated to explain but yeah it feels good to press it like an actual button how it would apply when writing an email i do not know =/ lol but it presses in very easily and i like that not to little force not to much force its actually pretty good just wanna figure out how it would apply with the actual applications
    09-29-08 08:56 PM
    where are you located/which vzw store? i'd glad you took pics next to the pearl and curve. thanks
    09-29-08 08:56 PM
    I would HAVE to think, that if the stores have the dummy phones, the real deal CAN'T be far behind.
    09-29-08 08:58 PM
    mmm i see. so general consensus is good!
    thanks bberry for this find! and yeah thanks for getting these pics next to the pearl and curve for comparison!
    09-29-08 08:58 PM
    Strange how the dummy model was heavy. Aren't the components inside missing?

I like when a phone has a little bit of heaviness though, obviously not that much. It makes it feel less cheap and sturdy. I think I'm weird.
    09-29-08 09:00 PM
    where are you located/which vzw store? i'd glad you took pics next to the pearl and curve. thanks
    Located in houston texas and it was in circuit city at willowbrook,
    & you are welcome just wanted to give the abusers a little taste of whats comming up,

thanks bberry for this find! and yeah thanks for getting these pics next to the pearl and curve for comparison!
    Your welcome if i go again ill try to make a video :]
    09-29-08 09:01 PM
    When does the NDA usually get lifted before a phone release? I'm waiting for Crucial to cough up the differences between the 9500 and 9530.
    09-29-08 09:03 PM
    The "dummy" devices were sent out a week and a half ago.
    Wow - why would they have the dummies so far in advance of the release, unless, of course the release is sooner than we think. I'm still hoping for/betting on 10.01.08
    09-29-08 09:03 PM
177 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD