I just figured it out. Verizon knew that the Storm was half baked, and wasn't going to be perfect out of the box. So, instead of making sure that you got your phone rapidly after ordering, they hid them in a backroom with an employee named Chuck, who arbitrarily chose people to receive their phone. In doing so, they made the potentially unsatisfied customer (remember, the phone has a few too many "quirks" out of the box), happy to just finally get their frickin' phone. No longer would we care about the initial quality of the phone because we're so frustrated by the long wait (after paying what we could have potentially thought was too much). But, this genius plan now has the expectant customer happy if he just gets a bannana to put up to his ear. Does it dial? No. Does it get e-mail? No. Does it "click" the way it should? No. But, it does taste good, and is a pretty yellow color. Better a bannana in hand than a phone on order.
    I still haven't gotten my stupid phone. Yeah, yeah, I know that they said it would ship on the 8th (ordered on the 26th), but I'm no longer eagerly awaiting my new BB, just hoping the POS gets here so I can spend all day working out all of the quirks that Verizon could have done in the amount of time it's taken to get the phones out.
    12-05-08 08:13 AM
    3 Posts. Wow... what a way to get the #s up...

I would put on a flame retardant suit... cause you are about to get flamed...
    12-05-08 08:15 AM
    FAIL FAIL FAIL! You lose!
    12-05-08 08:17 AM
    9500 on Verizon?
    12-05-08 08:19 AM
    Gotta start somewhere. And I know the "i didn't get my phone yet" complaints are long since past, but everytime i call verizon, the wound is opened anew. If I can't commiserate on crackberry, what else is there?
    12-05-08 08:19 AM
    I like the title... Aren't we all though?
    12-05-08 08:20 AM
    That's definitely an interesting point of view... Doubt you're right though. Wow there's been a lot of black helicopters flying around the forum lately.....
    12-05-08 08:20 AM
    9500 on Verizon?

Yes, and my first BB
    Last edited by StatePig; 12-05-08 at 08:24 AM. Reason: wrong #
    12-05-08 08:21 AM
    if you ordered from VZW it will be the 9530
    12-05-08 08:24 AM
    oops, 9530. sorry
    12-05-08 08:25 AM
    All I know is I called VZW yesterday just to humor the voices in my head and low and behold(!) I have a tracking number. Yes, I will be getting my phone today by 3. Of course, I will be at the chiropractor and not get home until about 5 or so, but it will be there waiting for me. At that time, I will report my findings on all the complaints and software/hardware revs. So, until tonight, hopefully Chuck picked a good one for me, I will be in the eye of the Storm!!
    12-05-08 08:25 AM
    All I know is I called VZW yesterday just to humor the voices in my head and low and behold(!) I have a tracking number. Yes, I will be getting my phone today by 3. Of course, I will be at the chiropractor and not get home until about 5 or so, but it will be there waiting for me. At that time, I will report my findings on all the complaints and software/hardware revs. So, until tonight, hopefully Chuck picked a good one for me, I will be in the eye of the Storm!!
    indirect signature is probably required. hope someone's at home to sign for it
    12-05-08 08:28 AM
    Chuck has your best at heart, he's just doing what he's told. Enjoy tonight.
    12-05-08 08:29 AM
    Gotta start somewhere. And I know the "i didn't get my phone yet" complaints are long since past, but everytime i call verizon, the wound is opened anew. If I can't commiserate on crackberry, what else is there?
    I posted in a different thread... i won one of these from Verizon... on November 15th. Looks like another 3-4 weeks befor I will get it.

Everyone makes fun of T-Mobile, but i never have these problems with them...

Hope you get yours befor me!!!
    12-05-08 08:35 AM
    So let me get this straight, you are pissed because you don't have a phone which they told you it would ship on the 8th (it is the 5th today) and you are saying the phone is a POS without evening owning one?

Doesn't add up to me. My phone works perfectly. Clicks when it should, takes a second to flip, message indicator goes away when it should.

Why don't you wait until the 8th is gone to complain about not getting it and wait until you get your phone to actually say it is a POS.

Oh and it is banana not bannana
    12-05-08 08:36 AM
    **sigh**

Lucky you....

I had a lengthy conversation with VZ last night, and I am starting to get frustrated...

First I was told my phone would be to me by the 8th, then was told by the 15th.

Then I was informed that it would "ship" by the 8th, and I would have it Wed the 10th.

After that I was informed that my phone is shipping USPS (because of a discount on my account which requires it to ship USPS) and that it would be to me by the 11th....

What a mess, I am trying to be patient, but its driving me nuts.... Although its just a phone, I am irritated that VZ didn't hesitate to charge me the very next day after the order, but the shipment is so delayed (however I know that this phone is in high demand... just gotta roll with the punches I guess...)
    12-05-08 09:11 AM
    indirect signature is probably required. hope someone's at home to sign for it
    Yup, I have people there all day and they have been instructed to listen for the door. This, I will not miss!

Thanks for the heads up though.
    12-05-08 09:12 AM
    **sigh**

Lucky you....

I had a lengthy conversation with VZ last night, and I am starting to get frustrated...

First I was told my phone would be to me by the 8th, then was told by the 15th.

Then I was informed that it would "ship" by the 8th, and I would have it Wed the 10th.

After that I was informed that my phone is shipping USPS (because of a discount on my account which requires it to ship USPS) and that it would be to me by the 11th....

What a mess, I am trying to be patient, but its driving me nuts.... Although its just a phone, I am irritated that VZ didn't hesitate to charge me the very next day after the order, but the shipment is so delayed (however I know that this phone is in high demand... just gotta roll with the punches I guess...)
    I guess it depends on when you ordered. I did on the 21st, so I waited for a bit.

Lucky? Maybe. What I fear this phone will do to my life for a few weeks makes me nervous. Heck(ll), Im nervous just to open the box. I think I may just look at it for a bit before opening, just to gather my wits. My wife will become a Storm widow, my kids, well lets just say I will be good at having them crawl all over me and still be clicking away and playing on the phone.

The other fear is I will get the banana in the tail pipe and it will be a clunker. Like I said, Im afraid to open the box. If Chuck didnt drop kick mine to the shipping desk, it may work just fine.

Honestly, I just cant wait to report my findings later tonight. Keep your head up and dont let it get to you, you will have it soon enough.
    12-05-08 09:20 AM
    So let me get this straight, you are pissed because you don't have a phone which they told you it would ship on the 8th (it is the 5th today) and you are saying the phone is a POS without evening owning one?

Doesn't add up to me. My phone works perfectly. Clicks when it should, takes a second to flip, message indicator goes away when it should.

Why don't you wait until the 8th is gone to complain about not getting it and wait until you get your phone to actually say it is a POS.

Oh and it is banana not bannana
    I am eagerly anticipating my storm (+ the update that is coming) but the fact that you just posted that shows that those are general problems that at least a decent # of Storm users are having. I'd say that's a problem...that will hopefully be addressed by the update.
    12-05-08 09:20 AM
    yes I arbitrarily chose people to receive their phone
    12-05-08 09:23 AM
    12-05-08 09:32 AM
    Maybe someone should look into supply and demand. The demand outweighs and outnumbers the supply hence the delay. Just like walking into a store and trying to buy a PS3 or Wii when it first launched. It was near impossible to find.

It says it ships on the 8th, so he wont get it on the 8th. So he'll be complaining when the 8th comes. It wont get there until 2-5 business days once it has been shipped. So everyone, be prepared for another thread when the 8th comes.
    12-05-08 09:39 AM
    I still haven't gotten my stupid phone. Yeah, yeah, I know that they said it would ship on the 8th (ordered on the 26th), but I'm no longer eagerly awaiting my new BB, just hoping the POS gets here so I can spend all day working out all of the quirks that Verizon could have done in the amount of time it's taken to get the phones out.

OP, I'm with you all the way on your post.

How can one not be frustrated by reading all the negative posts about the Storm on this forum while awaiting their own to arrive?

I too am waiting for my Storm to arrive. This, after reading other posts where people have received their second and third replacement Storms. Frustrating? **** yes.

It's also ridiculous how long this is taking. In my opinion, if the phone was released on the 21st, I should have been able to get one on the 21st. My local VZW corp. store received 3 of them. T H R E E. Holy frustrations, Batman!! Verizon really should have planned better. If the phone was not ready to be released, then bite the bullet and delay it.
    12-05-08 09:47 AM

How can one not be frustrated by reading all the negative posts about the Storm on this forum while awaiting their own to arrive?

I too am waiting for my Storm to arrive. This, after reading other posts where people have received their second and third replacement Storms. Frustrating? **** yes.

It's also ridiculous how long this is taking. In my opinion, if the phone was released on the 21st, I should have been able to get one on the 21st. My local VZW corp. store received 3 of them. T H R E E. Holy frustrations, Batman!! Verizon really should have planned better. If the phone was not ready to be released, then bite the bullet and delay it.
    Another person who should know what Supply and Demand is. No company will know the demand the product will bring when launched. No one expected the Storm to be such a big hit. Just look at the iPhone. The 16GB sold out quickly.

Also, if VZW is like any other retail store, inventory is based on sales that the store brings. If it brings in big income and sells more phones, it will get more phones than other stores.
    12-05-08 10:13 AM

What about the positive posts? I am actually waiting on my second replacement...so I have a little frustration of a different kind, having gone through two with screen problems. I am trying to look at the other side of the coin so to speak though. There are a lot of people that really have great things to say abouth the phone (me included).

I am old enough to know better but I still get kind of amazed at how quick we are to focus on and feed off the negativity of situations.
    12-05-08 10:29 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD