Your bill.

Why do you have to have an account with a credit card and stuff?
    I know on old phones i used to have when you buy a ringtone or something it just adds onto your phone bill. I think that the app store should work the same way. Who agrees?
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-11-09 at 08:44 PM. Reason: title edited
    06-11-09 08:40 PM
    Opps typo. Ment charged*
    06-11-09 08:41 PM
    Most people who make apps have nothing to do with Verizon or rim that's why

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 08:42 PM
    There are apps available through Verizon's website. Log in to your wireless account and browse. You can download music, ringtones, apps and such and they are added to your bill. App selection is limited, but there are some available.
    06-11-09 08:48 PM
    Yeah true.
    06-11-09 08:49 PM
    It's coming. They are working on it.
    06-11-09 08:49 PM
    It's coming. They are working on it.
    Woo really?
    Do you know how soon??
    06-11-09 08:52 PM
    Who still buy ringtones?

06-11-09 08:54 PM
    It must be hard for teens to buy apps since they don't have CCs.

06-11-09 08:55 PM
    Opps typo. Ment charged*
    I fixed the typo and shortened the title.
    06-11-09 08:57 PM
    Who still buy ringtones?

LOL not me im saying like back in the day when that was the cool thing and using it as an example on how it charges right to your bill.
    06-11-09 08:59 PM
    And then what about BES users where your company pays the bill automatically. Verizon doesn't have a way for end users to pay a part of the bill and the company pay the rest..companies aren't going to let their employees charge a bunch of apps to their bill.
    06-11-09 09:21 PM
    That's the way it is with the iphone....it would make things much easier.
    06-11-09 09:24 PM
    You can only charge items to your bill if you are the primary responsible party for the account. If your company pays for your phone, you will not be able to purchase online and charge to your account.
    06-11-09 09:24 PM
    verizon is supposedly making a way to allow corporate to pay the main part of the bill, and you can pay for any extras, but it hasn't been implemented yet. It sucks because my corporate plan comes with only 250 text messages, and I'm not even allowed to upgrade to unlimited and pay the difference.
    06-11-09 09:28 PM
    verizon is supposedly making a way to allow corporate to pay the main part of the bill, and you can pay for any extras, but it hasn't been implemented yet. It sucks because my corporate plan comes with only 250 text messages, and I'm not even allowed to upgrade to unlimited and pay the difference.
    What they have to solve is how to have two financially-responsible parties on one account. While it certainly can be done, there are other issues that pretty much prevent them from implementing this.
    06-11-09 09:33 PM
    What they have to solve is how to have two financially-responsible parties on one account. While it certainly can be done, there are other issues that pretty much prevent them from implementing this.
    easy...if the end user doesn't pay their part of the bill, the company pays for it, then does a payroll deduction.
    heck, you should be able to call your company verizon rep, tell them what features you want added, then the rep adds them, and sets up an automatic payroll deduction right then. thats what i wish they would do, and doesn't seem hard to do.
    06-11-09 09:38 PM
    And then what about BES users where your company pays the bill automatically. Verizon doesn't have a way for end users to pay a part of the bill and the company pay the rest..companies aren't going to let their employees charge a bunch of apps to their bill.
    I got in a good bit of trouble with the ATT BB (7290) I used to have for my work, when I downloaded a chargeable app. They ended up paying the bill (5 dollars) but I got a tongue lashing.
    06-11-09 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD