What about price...did I miss this part??
    10-08-08 06:31 PM
    What about price...did I miss this part??
    I've been saying that all day. I know virtually nothing more than I did 24 hours ago. A couple more rumors that it would be $199 with a 2 year contract. Possibility that Nov 4 will be the "in stores" date.
    10-08-08 06:34 PM
    It will be FREE for Vod customers on a plan of 39 euro or more per month.
    10-08-08 06:44 PM
    I've been saying that all day. I know virtually nothing more than I did 24 hours ago. A couple more rumors that it would be $199 with a 2 year contract. Possibility that Nov 4 will be the "in stores" date.
    I'll reiterate from another thread...November 4th is Election Day, I doubt they will release the phone on the day of the biggest election in recent history (go McCain!). How does a phone relate to the election? It really doesnt, but there will be no publicity for the phone because of the election. I could see the first 3 days of November as a launch day, but not the 4th.
    10-08-08 06:48 PM
    It will be FREE for Vod customers on a plan of 39 euro or more per month.
    Really? do you have any hard info to back this up... i find it hard to believe that they would just give this phone away....
    10-08-08 06:48 PM
    Really? do you have any hard info to back this up... i find it hard to believe that they would just give this phone away....
    It's on the Voda UK site.
    10-08-08 06:52 PM
    Yes. It is in the Vod release info. It is actual plan of 35 euro or more not 39.
    10-08-08 06:52 PM
    Yes. It is in the Vod release info. It is actual plan of 35 euro or more not 39.
    i would kill for that same deal on verizon... but i know it's not going to happen. damnit, paying $120 a month, and i don't get anything back for it. haha

i really hope they make the price reasonable though... i mean if voda is practically "giving" them away, i hope vzw takes after that and lowers the price... (or it wouldn't fair) but i'm crossing my fingers for $199 BEFORE Mail-in-Rebates.
    10-08-08 06:58 PM
    I'll reiterate from another thread...November 4th is Election Day, I doubt they will release the phone on the day of the biggest election in recent history (go McCain!). How does a phone relate to the election? It really doesnt, but there will be no publicity for the phone because of the election. I could see the first 3 days of November as a launch day, but not the 4th.
    If you buy the Storm on Nov.4 you can send your vote in via text... DUH
    10-08-08 08:15 PM
    I had a feeling you were a clear thinking American Stang

From a logical standpoint, I couldn't agree more. It makes no sense at all. We've all heard the 4th though from a few different sources.

????

Sooner rather than later, I say!!
    10-08-08 08:57 PM
    It's hard to imagine why they wouldn't use this time to let everyone know the two most important pieces of information (aside from the carriers - though we alreadyw it would be vzw for the states). When is the next opportunity to announce this? At the developers conference? Doesn't make sense. At least if they settled on a release date and accepted pre-orders, they could get an idea of the demand and have limited release heading up to the main date for the masses. This could ensure they have the biggest markets covered to at least get it out there and be able to tackle any waiting periods right up front unlike some other major releases that flopped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD