Everyone,

Any early adopter's like myself are a few days away from our 30-Days expiring and as much as everyone is enjoying the device...we are all having issues...whether it is the video recording, accelerometer, keyboard lock-ups or just dissatisfaction based on expectations for what appears to be an over-hyped device. I am really concerned that we are all going to wait for update after update and at the end of the day RIM is unable to smooth it out and we are stuck with something that never quite works. I, for one, have already needed a replacement but I now find myself pulling the battery twice daily. I have tried all the tricks of the trade at this point...it needs further updates and functionality.
    12-13-08 12:19 AM
    From what I understand, you have until January 15th to return your phone. Someone confirm this for me?
    12-13-08 12:21 AM
    Confirmed, this is what is on their website and or order paperwork, but always call to be sure if you doubt it.
    12-13-08 12:24 AM
    Where and why did they extend the 30-days?
    12-13-08 12:27 AM
    Send it in, and get a different one.
    12-13-08 12:28 AM
    Because of the holidays I think.
    12-13-08 12:28 AM
    I don't need to send it in for any hardware problems unlike my first one....this is software all the way.....clunky....everyone here that says theirs runs well is comparing it to .65 rather than how it should run.
    12-13-08 12:32 AM
    They probably extended it because verizon realized the storm was buggy as ****

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 12:36 AM
    I don't need to send it in for any hardware problems unlike my first one....this is software all the way.....clunky....everyone here that says theirs runs well is comparing it to .65 rather than how it should run.
    not so true, mine has run fairly well since the start. I never had the screen problem, the rebottig issue or any of that.

the accelmonitor(?) is faster since the upgrade but it wasn't horrible for me prior so....
    12-13-08 12:42 AM
    UGGH....I just want this thing to work before I am stuck with something that never will.
    12-13-08 12:42 AM
    No, they extended the return policy similar to all other retailers that assume lots of purchases are gifts and thus won't be opened until Dec. 25th. And yes...it is buggy as ****
    12-13-08 12:43 AM
    Send it in and get another one...if the problems you have are hardware related. If they are software, then you have to wait for the updates. I am running .76 and am very happy. I think the next update will make the phone even quicker...hopefully like the Bold
    12-13-08 12:45 AM
    Stang

Thats just it...its not quick...you are comparing it to .65 that doesnt mean scrolling isn't slow typing response and menus don't lag either.
    12-13-08 12:49 AM
    Stang

Thats just it...its not quick...you are comparing it to .65 that doesnt mean scrolling isn't slow typing response and menus don't lag either.
    Yeah, I know that. The phone is faster compared to .65 but slow compared to the Bold. Don't forget, it has a different "style" than the Bold and Curve. Instead of quick cutting away from screens, it "fades". This makes it a little, tiny bit slower. Are you running .75 or .76? .76 is a tad faster than .75, but yes, I agree. They need to get the OS optimized and they better do it FAST! All I'm saying is right now, at this point, I am happy with the speed. I DO want it to get faster, but we just have to wait for the impending updates. As RIM and VZW get more complaints and concerns, they will work fixes into the OS updates.
    12-13-08 12:53 AM
    I know I have harped about it..but the scrolling is ridiculous too. Kinetic Scrolling needs to be implemented. I believe more animations need to be incorporated as well. This thing literally runs like a device with the keyboard...only laggy. If people wanted a device like the every day regular blackberry...they would have purchased that.
    12-13-08 01:10 AM
    No. Return it now.
    12-13-08 01:17 AM
    huh? for what reason? It's software...i am trying to be patient.
    12-13-08 01:19 AM
    well.. my phone has worked tip top from day one..

its unfortunate that people on here and other places are having so many issues..

with software update it got even more rediculous on how well it runs for me..

when I posted the video with flip testing people were amazed at how fast it flipped.. however this is pretty much how it has been for me the entire time

I noticed only a slight improvement when I installed .75 it was definitely improved but not much for me..
    12-13-08 01:24 AM
    then you are the one out of the whole boars that i have heard was satisfied with it.
    12-13-08 10:04 AM
    then you are the one out of the whole boars that i have heard was satisfied with it.
    No, he's not the only one. there are a LOT of us who have had good Storms form day 1, myself included. Got 2 the first day. Have not had the hardware issues a few of the others have had. The software was very usable and it has only gotten better IMO. Because of some problems, don't generalize that all of have problems.
    12-13-08 10:08 AM

they do it because of the christmas season for the gifts bought in that time frame.
    12-13-08 11:36 PM
    I have had only a few concerns but I'm very happy with the one I got on the first day. (shipped in 2 days from verizon). Yes I would like to see some improvement but as most say "new devices have some bugs". I would like do see a better way to lock and unlock the screen since I'm on it most of the day for work. (locksmith)
    12-13-08 11:44 PM
    Well... Overall I'm happy with mine... Mine has been having a lot of slow-downs/lockups in teh last few days... I'm running .75
    But I know that as with all new electronic items/software, there will be bugs that have to be worked out..
    I both write software (mostly utilities in-house for the company I work for operating flight simulators) and have been a beta tester for more programs than I care to think about (from computer BBS software back when there were dial up BBS's, to a version of QuickBooks a few years ago).. I look at it as those of us who got the early/first releases are the 'beta testers' on this phone... As we find problems and report them, they can incorporate fixes into the software and make new releases..
    And, unfortunately, just because we all find a bug today, doesn't mean that the fix will be out next weekend... For two primary reasons: 1) with the number of lines of code in the OS for this phone, just because you can repeat the bug and prove where it is, you have to identify what in the code is causing the problem. Then you have the problem, especially with in-depth OSes, if you change even one line of code to fix something, it can have drastic affects on other parts of the program, both direct and indirectly.
    and 2) with the number of bug lists being reported, they have to sort out what ones are really duplicate reports, and which ones really arent in the OS but are user-induced (running non-compatible software, wrong options, just plain doing something wrong, etc).
    12-14-08 12:11 AM
    Does the device itself have a manufacturers warranty? Could always use that after the return policy time is up. �f something is wrong with it they have to replace it.

12-14-08 03:43 AM
    What I'm hearing is .80 will be released very soon.
    12-14-08 03:51 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD