+1

I think almost any phone on the market reboots if you pull the battery...
    Not if you use puff the magic dragons battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 05:07 PM
    Even easier --

- turn the phone off (with the VZW logo in the middle)

- change batteries

- turn the phone back on.

Not sure why people are thinking he wants to have his phone running all the time without any power.
    06-10-09 05:15 PM
    A Blackberry is not a laptop. WTF?! Stop comparing it to that. Upgrade your OS to .148 and swap your battery. Contrary to the 5 minutes it used to take to boot up in .75, .148 is about 2:10 on the reboot time. If you can't deal with 2 minutes of downtime on your phone, perhaps you need to plug it in more often or get a larger capacity battery... or even perhaps, another type of phone.
    i have .148 and i would prefer it wouldnt restart like my q9c did. its not that i cant deal with down time, it just doesnt make sense to reboot the phone while it still has power.
    as far as getting another type of phone, iphone doesn't have service in my area.
    06-10-09 05:18 PM
    i have .148 and i would prefer it wouldnt restart like my q9c did. its not that i cant deal with down time, it just doesnt make sense to reboot the phone while it still has power.
    as far as getting another type of phone, iphone doesn't have service in my area.
    With the iphone the apple geniuses would replace the battery and they would do the restart. lol no removable batt
    still i would like it
    06-10-09 05:21 PM
    I thought i remembered something about it being a very bad idea to leave smaller electronics plugged in with no battery if they're not made to be used like that? No resistance and frying the circuitry or something?

Honestly, I wouldnt even try to change my BB battery with it plugged in, seems unsafe. I remember either a mp3 player or PSP or previous phone or something having huge warnings saying specifically NEVER to plug in without a battery.
    06-10-09 05:31 PM
    You flat out can't change the battery in the iPhone anyway, so even if you did have service, it wouldn't work for you.
    06-10-09 05:41 PM
    Even easier --

- turn the phone off (with the VZW logo in the middle)

- change batteries

- turn the phone back on.

Not sure why people are thinking he wants to have his phone running all the time without any power.
    Your suggestion doesn't work. Turning the phone "off" using the red/end button and then swapping the batteries still requires the phone to go through the full boot cycle, and the full boot is what the OP is trying to avoid.
    06-10-09 05:44 PM
    You can't swap batteries and have the phone stay on simple...
    Mod close post.. simple
    06-10-09 07:02 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD