I need to change battery once or twice a day and I don't want to wait 5 minutes to restart, is there any way around that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 12:27 PM
    nope, if you remove the battery, you will have to reboot.
    06-10-09 12:28 PM
    Yes he's right. You'll have to reboot. The whole idea is if something freezes or goes wrong you can reset it. Its a god sent really because if not you might be stuck with the same problem if it didn't reset it self.
    06-10-09 12:47 PM
    pull a battery from any electronic and it will shutoff. There is no way around it.
    06-10-09 12:58 PM
    I need to change battery once or twice a day and I don't want to wait 5 minutes to restart, is there any way around that

If your battery is dying once or twice a day, you have other problems going on. I get 36 to 48 hours out of a charge. Maybe you have a bad program installed, or your leaving too many apps running, or you have your network set to Global instead of 1XEV, or your in an area with terrible reception (Have you recently done a *288 option 2?), or you have your screen brightness set too bright. Sorry for the run on sentence.

Grey
    06-10-09 01:00 PM
    So wait, there's no way to remove the battery and still keep the power on? Wow

06-10-09 01:01 PM
    YEs, You can remove the battery when the BB is attached to a laptop via the USB cord...But putting the battery back in causes mine to reboot.
    06-10-09 01:08 PM
    What power do you expect the BB to run off of when you take out the battery? BlackBerries perform miracles, but not that kind of miracle.

Last edited by stillborn86; 06-10-09 at 02:04 PM.
    06-10-09 02:01 PM
    I was hoping there would be an usb option that will keep the phone powered on like every other phone i have had
    06-10-09 02:30 PM
    pull a battery from any electronic and it will shutoff. There is no way around it.
    Umm wrong....
    You can pull the battery from my laptop and it won't die when it's still plugged in...
    06-10-09 02:35 PM
    I can put my laptop in hibernate and swap the battery and resume what I was doing. I can also hot swap batteries if my laptop is plugged in. I assume this is what the OP is getting at. I've seen way dummer questions posted.

06-10-09 02:36 PM
    you can keep it plugged into a wall outlet or USB and it will still stay powered on
    06-10-09 03:10 PM
    i wish there were a way too but no electricity, no power
    06-10-09 03:11 PM
    you can keep it plugged into a wall outlet or USB and it will still stay powered on
    LOL, how many ppl tried it ?
    06-10-09 03:13 PM
    amazing how many dumb people are on this forum,
    Does any of you have "running electricity" in your home, you know, those plugins that look like this '.' ???????????
    06-10-09 03:57 PM
    Did you do anything special in options to do that?
    06-10-09 03:58 PM
    Did you do anything special in options to do that?
    LOL, it doesn't work...
    Phone plugged in to wall or usb, pop the battery it will die...
    06-10-09 04:07 PM
    Correct. This is different than a laptop where the power source has settings that control where and when the battery is charged or in use. BBs on the other hand do not have that option.

If it's true that one can keep it on by leaving it plugged-in while pulling the battery but will reset when putting it back in, then the idea is that the battery overwrites the USB. However, I doubt it that this will work.

I do not know but presume that BBs do not have an internal battery, sort of like the CMOS one on a PC motherboard.
    06-10-09 04:07 PM
    I did back when the OP originally posted his OP, but in that short period of time ketchupfreak revealed the truth of it, so I didn't post. But I did try, and it didn't work. Needed a reboot anyway
    06-10-09 04:17 PM
    Not true. With any laptop (Dell for sure), you can use the laptop with no battery at all. Just has to be plugged into the wall to get power. Several times, I have taken my battery out of my laptop while it was plugged in and it stays working..just don't let the power cord get unplugged or it shuts right off. I've even booted it with no battery when it's plugged in. Not sure if the Blackberry is the same way, but I highly doubt it.
    06-10-09 04:18 PM
    Yes you have to be really really fast though

Honestly though not possible

06-10-09 04:20 PM
    Not true. With any laptop (Dell for sure), you can use the laptop with no battery at all. Just has to be plugged into the wall to get power. Several times, I have taken my battery out of my laptop while it was plugged in and it stays working..just don't let the power cord get unplugged or it shuts right off. I've even booted it with no battery when it's plugged in. Not sure if the Blackberry is the same way, but I highly doubt it.
    Does NOT work with the Storm... .
    DOES work with my MacBook Pro...
    06-10-09 04:21 PM
    Does NOT work with the Storm... .
    DOES work with my MacBook Pro...
    coincidence, works with my macbook pro too :P
    06-10-09 04:28 PM
    A Blackberry is not a laptop. WTF?! Stop comparing it to that. Upgrade your OS to .148 and swap your battery. Contrary to the 5 minutes it used to take to boot up in .75, .148 is about 2:10 on the reboot time. If you can't deal with 2 minutes of downtime on your phone, perhaps you need to plug it in more often or get a larger capacity battery... or even perhaps, another type of phone.
    06-10-09 04:57 PM
    A Blackberry is not a laptop. WTF?! Stop comparing it to that. Upgrade your OS to .148 and swap your battery. Contrary to the 5 minutes it used to take to boot up in .75, .148 is about 2:10 on the reboot time. If you can't deal with 2 minutes of downtime on your phone, perhaps you need to plug it in more often or get a larger capacity battery... or even perhaps, another type of phone.

+1

I think almost any phone on the market reboots if you pull the battery...
    06-10-09 05:00 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD