I downloaded a couple of free themes. I love the way they look in portrait mode, but when I turn the Storm horizontally there are two white stripes on the sides of the screen, and when I scroll there's a ghosting effect.

Is that because of the quality of the themes, the new OS 5.0, or is this common?
    10-27-09 09:43 AM
    I've had the same problem also. I'm sticking with the zen for now.

I'm curious if it is a free vs premium theme bug. Cause mine are free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 09:49 AM
    You Really need to read here before posting the same thing over and over. If you look you will see it is a glitch in the 5.0 OS and there is a work-around
    10-27-09 10:03 AM
    there is a work around this issue...its been posted in other forums.
    hit the BB menu button, go to options, select today click save. come out of the options. to change from today to 1, 2 or 3 rows go back to options select which row you want to appear and then click save. This should take away the white bars on the sides. However, with each battery pull or change of themes you may have to do this each time.
    10-27-09 10:16 AM
    that trick worked a few times. but now, no matter what i do, i get the white bars and ghosting effect in landscape. too bad the zen theme wasn't better, or i wouldn't be worrying about this.
    10-27-09 11:15 AM
    Where is that dead horse, I want to beat it too!!!
    10-27-09 11:26 AM
    Thanks for the responses ridden in on the dead horse.

The fix worked, although once I kept getting the memory overload message a couple of times, which I hadn't seen in almost a full year of owning the Storm, I decided to rough it and go with zen and delete the third party themes.

Much ado about nothing. Sorry.
    10-27-09 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD