I now have water under my screen. How do I get this out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 01:57 PM
    squeeze it hard?
    08-05-09 02:01 PM
    tumble dryer?
    08-05-09 02:07 PM
    Just let it sit for a few days. Don't power it on.

A friend of mine dropped hers in the toilet (I didn't ask) ... and although it turned off as soon as it got wet, she let it sit for 3 days and it powered back up just fine, no problems at all.
    08-05-09 02:19 PM
    Turn off the phone, take the battery out and fully submerge all parts in a baggie filled with rice. Keep in refrigerator for 3 days! I saved 3 cell phones and a digital camera using this method...
    08-05-09 02:19 PM
    Its so horrible. I can still type but I have to press hard

08-05-09 02:20 PM
    Turn off the phone, take the battery out and fully submerge all parts in a baggie filled with rice. Keep in refrigerator for 3 days! I saved 3 cell phones and a digital camera using this method...
    i have seen people say this for a while ... if i ever get a device wet i'm going to try it (crossing my fingers that i don't though)
    08-05-09 02:21 PM
    Will bread do the same? I don't eat rice lol

Lumasmom has it right. Then you will need THIS
    I hear taking the battery out and letting it sit rice(I think that's what it was)
    It will help get the moisture out of the phone. Hope this helps.

08-05-09 02:22 PM
    Take the battery out and use a hair dryer and dry the unit out and put it back together after about 10 min or so.
    08-05-09 02:23 PM
    Its everywhere under the screen its takes up 3/4ths.

08-05-09 02:26 PM
    rice is the best thing to do bro. Go to the store now and let your phone sit in it for a few days.

When you say you have to press hard to get it to type, is it because the screen isnt physically pressing in or because it wont recognize touch?
    08-05-09 02:39 PM
    Take the battery out and use a hair dryer and dry the unit out and put it back together after about 10 min or so.

Do Not Do This!!!!!! All you will do is blow the water further into the phone faster then it will evaporate. Like others have stated put it into a bag of rice or even a bag of oats. Anything that will pull moisture out of the phone. I also do not know why someone said put it in the fridge too??? Do not do that either. Most refrigerators are not a dry environment....if you want to get moisture out just put it in a bag of rice or oats and let it sit for a day or two. In a DRY place. And I hope you took insurance out, even though it may run fine for a while, it could decide to crap out on you at a later time. Cheers
    08-05-09 02:48 PM
    Is it insured? Claim you got out of your car and it fell from your pocket into water.

I've claimed 3 phones and a digital camera using this method.
    08-05-09 02:49 PM
    there's nothing wrong with this punk's phone, he's just fishing.
    08-05-09 02:57 PM
    If you use hair dryer don't get to close to the phone and don't keep it on for more than
    A couple minute you will fry a IC. Everyone should know that heat and cold are not good for electronics.

08-05-09 02:59 PM
    there's nothing wrong with this punk's phone, he's just fishing.
    He has more posts than you do. I think you're the one who is fishing
    08-05-09 03:00 PM
    The rice trick works, if ur afraid of rice then take the battery out and let the phone dry out and it will naturally repair itself.

Good luck.
    08-05-09 03:00 PM
    Let it dry out, it will work. My friend spilled coffee all over his, 2 days later it was fine. No rice, no special tricks, just let it sit.
    08-05-09 03:18 PM
    I would definitely stop posting from it lol

08-05-09 04:19 PM
    My son let his DS sit out overnight in a down pour.the rice worked.idont know how long it takes cause I let it sit for a month in there.but it still works

08-05-09 04:34 PM
    Lumasmom has it right. Then you will need THIS
    Oh wow. I actually had to lmao.
    08-05-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD