so what is the use in having a storm, when you CANNOT text in spanish, i just ordered the 9550 from verizon to find that you cannot text in spanish with it either. What useless blackberry, the software from BLACKBERRY does not support it in Spanish, maybe all of us who are Spanish speaking blackberry storm(verizon) customers should speak up(Bet threre are plenty of us) and we can make it an issue both with verizon and with blackberry. What is wrong with these folks. I have spent more than 10hrs on the phone with both verizon and blackberry and NO ONE can give me the correct answer. What lack of communication with these two.

One pissed off Storm customer
    02-14-10 02:01 PM
    I'm very new myself; but I recall there being a Spanish language option on the blackberry/desktop software I installed for media/program removal/backing up/etc. I'm not sure how versatile the options are; but it might help? I had actually selected the Spanish option and then I realized it used more memory
    02-14-10 02:26 PM
    If you want to write co�o, then type c o, touch and hold (but don't press) the letter n until a popup comes up, select , type o. Done.

I'm one pissed off Finnish customer, no quick and easy way to input �, �, � characters.
    02-14-10 02:27 PM
    This is an international phone. You need to LOAD the languages you want onto it. I have Spanish on mine and text in Spanish all the time. estas enojado porque quieres...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 09:28 AM
    You'll have to add Spanish through the Desktop Manager, I actually just removed it from mine because I wasn't using it that often.
    02-15-10 09:40 AM
    You put the phone in lanscape mode and hit the "world" button in between the shift and space. Just choose espanol. Enjoy!
    02-25-10 08:32 AM
    Just lightly leave your finger on the vowel or character you would like to get inserted, and presto, you get the accent or whatever character you are looking for
    03-08-10 03:52 PM
    On Verizon, you cannot use international characters while sending SMS. They work fine in BBM, email, web, etc but whenever I try to enter them in SMS, they don't work. For example, in SMS, if I hover over the n, instead of the � popping up, I just get another n. Same with all the accented vowels. However, in BBM and anything else, the international characters pop up just fine.
    03-08-10 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD