I updated my Storm to the version 5 OS a while ago. While everything works great, the text message update is making me crazy. I hate having to type in the little box. I am consistantly scrolling back and forth to review what I wrote. If I make the keyboard go away I see the message in full screen, but as soon as I go to type I am back to typing in the liitle "text" box.
    Is there a way to type without the tiny box to type in? I want the screen to look like the old days when you could see the whole top of the screen to type while the keyboard was at the bottom.
    11-17-09 06:43 PM
    hey

first let me suggest that you try searching before posting -- there are dozens of threads about this!

but no, you can't change it...it's the new threaded SMS, and while some people like it, many don't and there should be a choice to have it the old way if you want

for now, it is what it is
    11-17-09 06:46 PM
    I updated my Storm to the version 5 OS a while ago. While everything works great, the text message update is making me crazy. I hate having to type in the little box. I am consistantly scrolling back and forth to review what I wrote. If I make the keyboard go away I see the message in full screen, but as soon as I go to type I am back to typing in the liitle "text" box.
    Is there a way to type without the tiny box to type in? I want the screen to look like the old days when you could see the whole top of the screen to type while the keyboard was at the bottom.
    Yep...some moron at RIM thought we would all like threaded SMS....I hate is as well.
    11-17-09 06:55 PM
    Just another RIM fail, enjoy the "RIM job".

They really need to stop with the focus groups and just read this forum.
    11-17-09 07:46 PM
    Mmmmm, I love RIM jobs lol!
    11-17-09 11:53 PM
    Omg first people complain about not having threaded SMS now we have people complaining about the threaded SMS. People can never be satisfied.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 12:10 AM
    Omg first people complain about not having threaded SMS now we have people complaining about the threaded SMS. People can never be satisfied.

Thank you!

Kudos!

11-18-09 12:58 AM

There should be an option. I personally like it but I am sure there are some that don't as we can see.
    11-18-09 01:06 AM
    There should be an option. I personally like it but I am sure there are some that don't as we can see.
    I sure if there was an option people would complain about that too.

11-18-09 02:27 AM
    I sure if there was an option people would complain about that too.

Hahaha so true.

11-18-09 03:00 AM
    I changed my options and conversation style to "standard" and it gave me much more room. RIM should have shipped the app with that setting, its not so bad.

Oh, and Lightessnc, this is NOT SMS, it is the BB messenger.
    11-18-09 06:18 AM
    I love the new threaded sms. Its great for texting.. In reality I don't think any of one really needs so much room to text. Most text msg are short. Every once in a while u get a long one, but usually u dontl I don't see a need for a bigger "text" screen..

11-18-09 08:55 AM
    Omg first people complain about not having threaded SMS now we have people complaining about the threaded SMS. Then we have people complaining about people complaining about threaded SMS. All people can never be satisfied by a single standard look, that's why options are nice.

Not posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 09:10 AM
    I changed my options and conversation style to "standard" and it gave me much more room. RIM should have shipped the app with that setting, its not so bad.

Oh, and Lightessnc, this is NOT SMS, it is the BB messenger.
    No, we're talking about SMS (Text messaging) here. If you haven't upgraded to 5.0 yet then you may not be aware of this.

I don't see any "standard" conversation style under my SMS options.

I really like the concept of threaded SMS, but think it was implemented poorly. For one, remove the **** callback number line! There are a bunch of IM apps that do a threaded style of messaging much better than the current SMS application does it, IMHO.
    11-18-09 09:30 AM
    Oh, sorry. BBM also got an update (to me anyway) on Tuesday and it forced users into a smaller window. I dont text, I mean ?? you have email and yahoo/goog talk with BBM and I just dont see the need to text, but I guess I dont know anyone without a smartphone these days.

VZW should just include that in a data plan, I was getting spam before I got the storm so I just left the SMS turned off on myverizon.
    11-18-09 10:21 AM
    No, we're talking about SMS (Text messaging) here. If you haven't upgraded to 5.0 yet then you may not be aware of this.

I don't see any "standard" conversation style under my SMS options.

I really like the concept of threaded SMS, but think it was implemented poorly. For one, remove the **** callback number line! There are a bunch of IM apps that do a threaded style of messaging much better than the current SMS application does it, IMHO.
    True. So true.

Snarfler that is true sorry about the complaining about complaining. Options would be nice but then people would complain cause there too many options or that the options are not what they want. Besides for me when I send a long text the box just expands so I'm all good.

11-18-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD