I just changed the ringtone for one of my contacts to a custom ringtone different from my standard tone. I did this by going to "Contacts" and clicking "Edit" on the person's name. I didn't change any text message notifications, just the ringtone for that one person. Now, every time I get a text from anybody, including that person, my ringtone notification has changed, and it is louder.

In the "Sound Profiles" section, I have the SMS text tone set as "BBRelaxed_Melodious" and the volume is at 9. But the tone I hear every time I get a text now is "BBPro_Sanguine," and it sounds a lot louder. How did this change? Did I do something wrong when setting the custom ringtone? When I change back the ringtone, the text tones go back to the default, too.

I hope I made this clear enough. Sorry about any repetition or confusion - I'm just frustrated.
    05-11-09 03:31 PM
    I'm not sure why it changed ALL of your text notifications, but I can tell you this... when you set a custom ringtone for a contact, you also have to make sure you set a text notification for them. I think the default text notification is Sanguine, and when you add a custom ringtone to a contact, the text notification for that contact is automatically set to the default. For every custom ringtone I have given a contact, I have had to go into their sound profile and set their text/email/whatever notification to match the one I want to hear every time I get a text. Hope that helps.
    05-11-09 03:59 PM
    For every custom ringtone I have given a contact, I have had to go into their sound profile and set their text/email/whatever notification to match the one I want to hear every time I get a text. Hope that helps.
    I did just that and it worked. Thanks for your help!
    05-11-09 05:17 PM
    There is an anomoly of uncertainty regarding texts notification and, less frequently, phone notification in the Hub Management sub menu. Indeed, new texts often are nor displayed on 'Blackberry Hub'.

Haphazardly, the 'Text Messages' button will slide to 'Off' in the Hub sub window "Hub Management."

This "Off" setting sometimes happens when making setting changes in another application. It is really quite unpredictable.
    06-01-13 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD