Yesterday night, I received a messenger message. The text message alert sound went off and the icon appeared. I checked the message, but the icon won't go away.

I've checked all my e-mails, texts, and messenger messages and don't see any unread. I've switched themes and done 2 battery pulls, but the text message alert icon won't go away.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem?
    08-13-09 03:10 PM
    What does the icon look like? Is it blue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 03:32 PM
    That happened to me too, drove me crazy. Open your messages, go to options, then view folder, then under your inbox, go can check missed calls, MMS inbox, etc, until you find the unopened message. Hope this helps.
    08-13-09 03:35 PM

Yellow italicized envelope. It's not blue, so it must not have been from the messenger message.
    08-13-09 03:46 PM
    That happened to me too, drove me crazy. Open your messages, go to options, then view folder, then under your inbox, go can check missed calls, MMS inbox, etc, until you find the unopened message. Hope this helps.
    Found it. It was in the SMS outbox.

Thanks for the help!
    08-13-09 03:49 PM
    glad you found it, I seen your thread, but Verizon was fvcking killing the data on my BB here in VA so i couldnt post till i got home. gj its usually always hidden in those damn folders
    08-13-09 06:20 PM
    I had the same issue. Found it in the same spot
    08-13-09 07:02 PM

Thank you.. this post helped me i went through the SMS and found unread SMS in there eventhough i remember that i did open it.
    12-10-09 02:49 AM

I do have a problem with a blue icon... It just appeared out of nowhere and now it won't go away... help please. I got my Curve 8520 6 days ago so I'm kind of newbie... any help would be VERY APPRECIATED!
    07-12-10 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD