1st i wanted to say hi and love the site has helped me alot

the question i have maybe be stupid (hope i dont get flamed to bad) but i would like to use the teather function of the black berry to get internet to my ps3. i am not worried about the speed not looking to online game just to get a few updates and such. I am taking the family out of town for the week and we will be in the country where no isp is. so please be kind it is my 1st post and look forward to posting more.

i have the following 1 laptop 1 crossover cat 6 1 ps3 1 blackberry storm with version .132 and 1 data cable

thanks in advance
    Last edited by pkcable; 04-27-09 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Made title more descriptive
    04-27-09 06:28 PM
    You would need to have a tethering program installed on your laptop. Once that is done link your phone to the laptop via the usb cable. Connect the crossover cable from the lan port on your laptop to your ps3. on your computer go into your network settings. click on the connection that is controlled by the tether, right click on it open the options and set it to allow data sharing. That should be all you have to do. I have used tethering through a laptop to run my xbox 360.
    04-27-09 06:30 PM
    what kind of program i have the one from vzw i use it as a modem already. is their something else i need?
    04-27-09 09:27 PM
    oh i have vista if that helps
    04-27-09 09:27 PM
    You need VZAM installed on your PC - Verizon Access Manager. It does cost like $20/mo. Doctor Neutron
    04-27-09 10:09 PM
    You seriously want internet from the Storm to get internets on your PS3 for updates?

Since there's no ISP in this country you are going, they are not going to have EVDO...

Just curious, what country is this?
    04-27-09 11:27 PM
    not out of the country to the country i am taking my fam to the mountains they have evdo coverage just no phone line in the cabin i rented i know it sounds silly but just trying to get it to work i have vzam installed and have the laptop teathered any help would be greatful
    04-27-09 11:52 PM
    i ould not do that if i were you
    04-28-09 12:22 AM
    K, gotcha....

Is it a mac by chance? Cause that would be SUPER easy, just turn your WiFi on with the built in Air Port and boom, you connect PS3 to that.. Cake...

If A PC...
    Connect with the BB...
    Then see if you can connect the PS3 to the PC with a LAN cable... Share yoru connection that way....
    04-28-09 12:24 AM
    But to be honest... I'd just live with the current game content... and be happy for the time your playing a video game out in the cabin... MAybe keep the PS3 @ home and enjoy nature ???

I can see data charges getting HUGE !
    04-28-09 12:33 AM
    Try PDANet. It has a "try before you buy" so no harm, no foul. Worth the money though, easy to use.
    04-28-09 12:51 AM
    Try PDANet. It has a "try before you buy" so no harm, no foul. Worth the money though, easy to use.
    Or just DL Verizon Access Manager for the Moto Q and it connects no problem...
    04-28-09 01:07 AM
    ok still no luck lol if i can make this work my father has a data card with unlimited package and i will take over his bill just to kinda recap i have the laptop teathered already my company pays for it so not worried about that cant seem to make the computer bridge the connection any help is welcom
    04-28-09 10:25 AM
    You said Vista, that's why this isn't easy. I have XP and I shared my connection with no trouble, but my cousin has Vista, and I could not get it to work on hers, but maybe this will help... Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) - Windows Vista Help
    04-28-09 11:34 AM
    Having trouble making this work. I have my BlackBerry tethered to my laptop. I went into Network and Sharing, Manage Connections, and allowed sharing of the tether connection. Then I plugged a crossover cable into my laptop and my PS3. When adjusting the PS3's connection settings, I selected wired, and everything else automatic, but no IP adress could be established. I'm running Vista.
    02-05-10 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD