Hey guys,

I purchased a Telus Storm a while ago and just got the unlock code yesterday to use on Rogers. When I purchased the phone I seen it working on Telus before I bought it and I watched as the phone was removed from the sellers account right at a Telus store. Now my problem is when I insert my SIM card I get EDGE most of the time but does occasionally drop to edge. Some carrier stuff has also been pushed to the phone as well and I can call and text on it. I logged into my BIS website and changed the device. However, when I send the service books nothing comes through. If I try to set up email, browse or use BBM nothing works, as if data is not working on the phone but yet it reads EDGE most of the time. I have also tried registering the device and I get the message that it has been registered.

Anyone have any ideas I can try to get this working or do you think the PIN is screwed on it?

Thanks in advanced!
    04-30-09 05:38 AM
    Hey I solved my own problem, just incase if anyone hasa similar problem my solution was to downgrade to OS .76. I originally had .132 on my storm. Must be because of the radio code that I wasn't getting data.
    04-30-09 07:08 AM
    Hey I solved my own problem, just incase if anyone hasa similar problem my solution was to downgrade to OS .76. I originally had .132 on my storm. Must be because of the radio code that I wasn't getting data.
    I am using .132 on mine and I am on Rogers in the Vancouver area and have zero problems with edge EDGE issues. I get solid EDGE all day long.
    04-30-09 12:38 PM
    I am using .132 on mine and I am on Rogers in the Vancouver area and have zero problems with edge EDGE issues. I get solid EDGE all day long.
    Does it matter what type of SIM Card you had before? I used my sim card from a company blackberry, and everything ended up working out fine. I unlocked the storm though to give to my girlfriend, and she used her Rogers Sim Card from a non-blackberry phone and no longer gets data at all. She also is not getting the sms icon to change to sms&mms (as it did with my Rogers Sim Card).

Any help would be appreciated.
    05-19-09 12:28 PM
    Is this the only OS that will fix this problem?

I just had a horrible time with this in the UK.
    05-19-09 12:33 PM
    Does it matter what type of SIM Card you had before? I used my sim card from a company blackberry, and everything ended up working out fine. I unlocked the storm though to give to my girlfriend, and she used her Rogers Sim Card from a non-blackberry phone and no longer gets data at all. She also is not getting the sms icon to change to sms&mms (as it did with my Rogers Sim Card).

Any help would be appreciated.
    I am now using .141 on ours and is still working great on EDGE all day long!
    What I noticed is when the phone is re-booted it fluctuates between edge and EDGE for about 2-3 minutes then stays on EDGE all day. I am using a Rogers SIM card and I am in the Vancouver area. The other thing you can try is disable the APN
    05-20-09 01:55 AM
    I have the same problem here. im using an unlocked Verizon Storm. I was using 141 but i almost never had EDGE, i wiped and downgraded to 122 which sucked (memory leaks) and currently using 132... i have EDGE mabe half the day... i think i`ll downgrade to 76. or create a hybrid
    Could it be that the phone itself is not working properly?
    05-20-09 02:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD