so earlier today I went to Walmart to get milk for the kiddos and I stopped by Telus. They are located in Walmart along with Fido, Rogers and Koodo. *just giving a visual

well I ask the guy Sam about the storm he starts telling me how it isn't coming for months so I had to fill him in on the storm and show him on the Telus website about it. long story short... he says, I have a great phone you will love. I was like ok let me see. There were NO customers so I wasn't taking his time. so he shows me the Dare then proceeds to tell me that the Samsung Instinct is better than the storm and is faster internet wise then what the storm will be. So then the Crackberry in me got irritated and I ask him, "didn't you just tell me you know nothing about the storm? so why are you telling me now that it is slower than the samsung? Well he said I just remembered the manager talking about it. I said that's ok I will make sure to keep getting my info online and with a CSR, so then he says if you give me your number I will call you when it comes out. lol! I giggled and said no that's ok, what kinda phone you have anyway? he said nokia! I said oh ok thanks!!
    so I'm not asking you if the Samsung is better I'm sure the storm will be better but I thought I'd share the fun I had today while away from CB!
    11-06-08 03:58 PM
    so earlier today I went to Walmart to get milk for the kiddos and I stopped by Telus. They are located in Walmart along with Fido, Rogers and Koodo. *just giving a visual

well I ask the guy Sam about the storm he starts telling me how it isn't coming for months so I had to fill him in on the storm and show him on the Telus website about it. long story short... he says, I have a great phone you will love. I was like ok let me see. There were NO customers so I wasn't taking his time. so he shows me the Dare then proceeds to tell me that the Samsung Instinct is better than the storm and is faster internet wise then what the storm will be. So then the Crackberry in me got irritated and I ask him, "didn't you just tell me you know nothing about the storm? so why are you telling me now that it is slower than the samsung? Well he said I just remembered the manager talking about it. I said that's ok I will make sure to keep getting my info online and with a CSR, so then he says if you give me your number I will call you when it comes out. lol! I giggled and said no that's ok, what kinda phone you have anyway? he said nokia! I said oh ok thanks!!
    so I'm not asking you if the Samsung is better I'm sure the storm will be better but I thought I'd share the fun I had today while away from CB!

He was probably right about "WALMART" not getting the phone for months and he was also probably right about not knowing anything about the phone...I was in Walmart about 3 weeks ago and asked if they sold batteries for my moms cell phone and all they could tell me was "I don;t kno" well it was more of a "iono"
    11-06-08 04:06 PM
    lol!! Well I ask him specifically NO to Walmart Telus or NO about the storm? he assured me not to Telus for months.
    11-06-08 04:10 PM
    That's pretty hillarious (p.s. Instinct is a joke of a phone).
    11-06-08 04:12 PM
    Sam doesn't have a clue, he was probably the greeter...
    11-06-08 04:19 PM
    I think the minimum requirements to work there is breathing...am i not right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 04:22 PM
    I think the minimum requirements to work there is breathing...am i not right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

This was the laugh that i needed for the day lol...so this thread had become a Walmart wreck-down...I'm sorry this is my fault
    11-06-08 04:28 PM
    OBVI.

He told you that because the Storm's not out yet and the Instinct is. He wanted to sell you a phone NOW. Chances are that when you go back to buy the Storm, he won't be there to sell it for you.

It's all about sales and commission.
    11-06-08 04:40 PM
    i hate to break it to yah , and im not saying its better then the storm , but the insticnt is a great phone i loved that phone it did everrything perfectly. the tv wasnt good the web browser was ok gps was the best i have ever used and the screen was very nice and good feedback with it. so it wasnt a joke phone. there are issues but there are issues with every phone
    11-06-08 05:22 PM
    I wasn't gonna buy this phone I was letting the guy talk. I just wanted his input on the phone because at Telus Corporate they had went to a BB training Tues so I wanted to see what he thought. I actually thought of the Dare for my husband a few months back he is NOT a BB user yet. when the storm comes then he will be. lol!!
    11-06-08 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD