Googled and Searched CB and HoFo, trying to find an answer to this.

I was trying to install an app on my buddy's freshly formatted and updated Storm 9530 on Telus, and it gave me an error about JAVA can not be found, access is denied. I went to the site, got the "Download" window from the browser, but when I click it, it errors out.

Any idea what the problem is?

Some people have told me that Telus locks the Java, so that only their approved apps can be installed. If that's the case, is there a way to force it to load, or some way to install the app?

I know another app is not interfering with it, as I literally, formatted with the latest OS (151 I think it was? from the Mexico Firmware available on the BB Site), synced up contacts, then tried to install the app.

The app is BerryScanner 4.7.
    07-14-09 09:31 PM
    I'm a Telus user and have no problem getting berryscanner installed and running. My suggestion will be to make sure that your friend have a data plan that comes with web browsing data (not email only). Also, make sure you used the "normal" web browser (the black and white one) instead of Telus's wap broswer (the green one). Then head to BerryScanner: Listen to police and fire scanners on your BlackBerry and download.

As far as I can remember, Telus never block installation of apps on smartphones (PDA/BB)
    07-14-09 09:43 PM
    Set your browser emulation to Blackberry.

THE BROWSER EMULATION MUST BE SET TO BLACKBERRY FOR OTA INSTALLS TO WORK.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD