I've tried everything to update my telus storm to the 5.0 and i just can't seem to get it to upgrade and i was told that i would get all the help i need on here..
    because my storm is so glitchy and slow i can't handle it..
    02-19-10 09:56 AM
    Duuuuu it!!!!

I am on Telus as well...and could just not wait any longer for an official 5.0 update from them. So I went with some official 5.0.0.419 update and never looked back. My S1 was like new again. So refreshing...much faster and a lot less laggy....

...and THREADED SMS!!!!

Do it now!
    02-19-10 03:23 PM
    Idk how the above post helps in any way whatsoever. But did you delete the vendor.xml file?
    02-19-10 03:31 PM
    I will answer. Yes. Delete vendor.xml and load up like normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 03:43 PM
    Not sure how any of the above posts are helping.
    The OP is obviously new on here and deleting the vendor file is the least of his problems i am sure.

This is the latest official 5.0 release from MTS (.419): Here

And this is Verizons latest (.328): Here

And you should look here for the backup/upgrade process.

I hope this helps.
    02-19-10 03:51 PM
    Basically you need the DM installed...the blackberry desktop manager software and preferably a PC

Once it is:

Download the software...

Install the Software...

Use loader.exe, which is buried in a folder in your PC somewhere depending on what version of windows your using, delete the vendor.xml file in the same folder first...

Loader.exe will recognize the installed Software and load it to your phone the USB port allowing you to pick and choose what you want on it.....

Definitely check out the detailed info...but that's the jist of it.
    02-19-10 04:00 PM
    I hope soon! all my friends with storm are with telus and running OS 5.0.0.419... not official of course!
    02-19-10 04:02 PM
    I hope soon! all my friends with storm are with telus and running OS 5.0.0.419... not official of course!
    Those Telus clowns better be working on dropping something Good soon...Still on .122 is criminal...

Get us something higher than .419 soon
    02-19-10 04:04 PM
    I'm on Telus with .419 with no problems so far....
    02-19-10 06:23 PM
    Telus user as well here. I would definitely look into the hybrids that are here. Tank (I can't remember the rest of his name has a good one, as well lyricidal does good work too. Just look for storm hybrid download. Should come up. I will never go back to official updates.

Hope this helps a little. I know I was frustrated so much in the beginning. Just be patient. Back up all apps and data and keep at it. You will be better off for having done it yourself instead of having somebody else do it for you.
    02-19-10 07:12 PM
    I would suggest getting comfortable with loading official OS releases from the various carriers first because loading on a hybrid (combination of files from differents OS releases) is not as straight forward as it seems. Once you have a good handle on the process and have itchy finger syndrome like me there's plenty of very good hybrids that you can play with. Good luck and welcome to OS5!
    02-19-10 10:21 PM
    So i downloaded new desktop software and the 5.0.419 and deleted the vendor file plugged in my phone and it says i don't need an update for my phone and my phone still has 4.7 on it
    02-19-10 10:43 PM
    You're probably using DM to do the upgrade. Like blaised said use loader.exe rather than DM. Like Gil said go to the backup/upgrades link to learn the proper process for leaks/other officials.

02-20-10 01:55 AM
    You're probably using DM to do the upgrade. Like blaised said use loader.exe rather than DM. Like Gil said go to the backup/upgrades link to learn the proper process for leaks/other officials.

I concur with this statement.
    02-20-10 05:30 AM
    If using loader.exe doesn't work simply do a clean wipe using BBSAK or JLCommander and load the OS using either DM or loader.exe. Make sure your internet is disconnected whenever you are loading OS with DM because its alot faster without having the DM looking for updates online.
    02-20-10 08:45 AM
    I don't know what any of these letters mean im kind of a first timer...
    02-20-10 01:35 PM
    I don't know what any of these letters mean im kind of a first timer...
    Don't worry about those...Just read the upgrade process link i posted earlier, i really think all your answers are there.

Once you read all that, i know it is a lot, there is good information there. If you still have problems, try and give some more details so we can try and help you out.

Right now it doesn't even sound like you are trying to install using loader.exe in the AppLoader folder.
    Last edited by Gil718; 02-20-10 at 02:56 PM.
    02-20-10 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD