I am new to the Blackberry scene and my Storm is my first smart phone. Does anyone know if there is a software that utilizes the voice recognition to be able to speak and it would transcribe the spoken words to a text message or an email? Thanks for your help.
    12-18-08 08:01 PM
    I think it's called vlingo, but I'm not sure if it's storm ready yet. I heard this sw is really good though.
    12-18-08 08:19 PM
    Sounds vicious Can't wait till its compatible with the Storm lol
    12-18-08 08:48 PM
    I've been using Vlingo on my Storm....no Storm specific version out yet but the existing version seems to be working well enough til they do.
    12-18-08 09:01 PM
    check out jott.com.

you can use jott to send emails & text messages with your voice. just call jott, say whom you'd like to email or text, and then speak your message. jott will convert your voice to text and send it via email or text message to your contact or group. it's also a great way to email yourself reminders while you're on the go and aren't able to write yourself a note.

there is a free basic account or several multi-tierd pay accounts to choose from.
    12-18-08 11:09 PM
    I was able to DL vlingo just fine (4.6 for Bold) but it seemed to be really glitchy. It was forever typing the wrong things. I speak clearly, not like those Ozzy commercials, so I dunno what's up with it. I deleted it for now, I'll wait till they actually release it for the Storm.
    12-18-08 11:21 PM
    i too downloaded vlingo for the storm but it would not let me record the voice...but it did install which was decieving. I too will just wait till the official version comes out.
    12-23-08 01:57 AM
    Vlingo works great for me on my storm. I use it primarily for texting because it's a lot faster than my typing. I have to enunciate cleary and succinctly though. Someone in another post called it "robot talk."
    12-23-08 07:38 AM
    Black Coffee
    12-23-08 08:00 AM
    Got Vlingo loaded and it runs. Obviously it is not Storm specific, but I need to ramp up on its use. Could you please give an overview of how you actually get it to do voice to text ? Is it tied only to email and / or sms texting, or can I construct short standalone text files too ?

Clueless in Montgomery
    12-23-08 09:01 AM
    There is also other software, but it's kind of expensive(I think)
    Heres the link--> MyCaption | BlackBerry Email Dictation | Voice to Text Memos and Notes
    12-23-08 09:04 AM
    Got Vlingo loaded and it runs. Obviously it is not Storm specific, but I need to ramp up on its use. Could you please give an overview of how you actually get it to do voice to text ? Is it tied only to email and / or sms texting, or can I construct short standalone text files too ?

Clueless in Montgomery
    I had great luck with it on my 8830we, but have not yet tried it on my Storm. I am waiting for the official verision as it is kind of data intensive.
    12-23-08 09:33 AM

Clueless in Montgomery
    try this:

vlingo User Guide: Getting Started
    12-23-08 09:44 AM
    Bumping this up to see if anyone has found any other apps that do this well
    12-28-08 08:28 PM
    I tried Vlingo but it says the device is not recording? while i'm setting it up? Anyone know how to get around this
    12-28-08 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD