I hear alot of people talk of memory leaks. I really dont understand what this is and how to catch it if I have one. Could someone break this down for me please.
    08-18-09 09:06 AM
    I bought a Storm a few days ago and absolutely love it. That said I have heard about this "leak" and have noticed fluctuation in the amount of free memory on the device. It has already slowed to a crawl once. Wondering what's up!
    08-18-09 09:09 AM
    08-18-09 09:12 AM
    Memory leaks are apps that don't manage memory very well, for instance if you are running alot of apps that run in the backround, like facebook, ubertwitter, viigo, google talk, google maps, ect.. they are contantly recieving new information and storing it in memory. if these apps don't release the memory over time they will fill up the memory and the device will begin to slow down..

using the application switcher(hold the blackberry button) it will show you all the apps that are running, close the ones you don't need and that will help with freeing memory. also use Quick pull to schedule a nightly reset of the device. this will free up memory nightly.

If you go to Options>Memory. it will show you the free application memory. Exit apps and watch this number increase.
    08-18-09 09:14 AM
    Thanks fella's!
    08-18-09 09:21 AM
    Note on app switcher: browser, home, msgs, phone + bb msgr & certain 3rd party apps (if u have) always display for convenience whether open or not.
    08-18-09 09:25 AM
    thecollin, and transfigured, thank you for that info.
    08-18-09 09:56 AM
    U r welcome sir.
    08-18-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD