Hi,

After having my Storm for close to a month, just recently (nothing new done), my first "crash" happened. I took a picture, and it rebooted. After the reboot, it said the Media card is corrupt and I need to run disk checker utility on PC. So, to avoid losing data on the card, I did as told, and it worked again.

However, it has happened twice since then where right after I took a picture, it hung and then rebooted. But this time, no media card problems. Just reboots.

Using 4.7.0.151 / 4.0.0.186
    Apps installed: Quickpull, Facebook, Yahoo Messenger, Poynt, Google Maps, Google Voice, Google Sync, WeatherBug, BerryPopup, BerryBuzz, BofA, CB App Store, SlyDial and WorldMate Live.
    08-25-09 06:11 PM
    Ummmm thats weird have you tried reloading Os or battery pull.
    08-25-09 07:28 PM
    Yup, batterypulls using QuickPull
    And what do you mean by reloading?
    08-25-09 08:01 PM
    Reload Os software for storm
    08-25-09 08:09 PM
    Yeah, didn't do that. Is that going to help?
    08-25-09 08:25 PM
    My original storm had this problem and I have read a few other posts with the same issue. Its a hardware issue with the camera. Seems like 15-20% of BB Storms come with a defective camera. It will get progressively worse so you'll have to replace it sooner or later. Sorry....
    08-26-09 02:42 AM
    I had this phone for 3 month and it just started happening to a couple days ago

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 07:19 AM
    That's what I mean, if it was defective, it should have been so right from the get go. Why appear now out of no where?
    08-26-09 08:38 AM
    This just happened to me but as soon as I hit the camera button (side key) it just rebooted. Camera never even came on. I have Quickpull, Facebook, BB App World, Palringo, Aerize SMS Pop up Viewer, and a couple games installed. My OS is in my sig - official that it came with. This is the 3rd random reboot and the 1st time it happened when the camera was launched. Please help..
    10-02-09 06:15 PM
    remove the apps for a few days, and see if it persists, it sucks, but that's what you're gonna wanna do...

if you wanna be absolutely thorough with the situation, do this:

back up your phone

do a "security wipe"

use DM to go to backup/restore>advanced>on the left side of the window, select your most recent backup, and restore only the "Must have" databases (contacts, calendar, BBM, browser bookmarks, etc)

don't re-load everything, don't re-load apps (as part of the security wipe select "wipe 3rd party apps")

then once you've done this, go through and change all of your settings you need...use the phone for a few days with bare bones, then after you've established the issue is gone, start adding apps back, one at a time, one per day. make sure you're using your camera after you add the app back, maybe load one app a week, or however long it takes you to be sure the issue still isn't present. when you add an app, and the issue pops back up, you know it was the last app installed...

then you decide if the camera causing reboot is worth the app, or if you can find another way to satisfy whatever capabilities that app provided you with.

post back or PM me if you're unclear with anything
    10-02-09 06:23 PM
    Hey thanks a lot I will give that a try for sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD