We decided last night that we need a community (family) mp3 player for the car because the storm is mine and not available to all. I feel like I'm gonna be cheating on my storm..lol.. But I'm looking at the new generation 32gig ipod touch, plus Ive secretly been wanting one . I'm aware there are threads like this one, there are many like it but this one is mine .... Does anyone carry both on there person? Is it a pain?
    Thanks
    10-18-09 01:03 PM
    To be honest if you want a good MP3 player, the storm doesn't cut it, at least for me it didn't. I think having an exclusive mp3 player is better as that device was designed solely around media capabilities. ipod are great mp3 players, but I just don't like apple, so I went with the zune for a while.
    10-18-09 01:07 PM
    At my age you can't hear that well anyway so the Storm does ok for me. The only thing that I am frustrated about now is for some reason if I try moving the volume button when playing mp3's I move to the next song instead of changing the volume. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix that?
    10-18-09 01:14 PM
    At my age you can't hear that well anyway so the Storm does ok for me. The only thing that I am frustrated about now is for some reason if I try moving the volume button when playing mp3's I move to the next song instead of changing the volume. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix that?
    Don't hold the volume key down as long as you are. The volume keys have dual functionality in the media player. A quick tap changes the volume, while holding it a little longer advances through your playlist.
    To the OP.... Yes using an iproduct of any kind would be cheating
    Personally I prefer the zune anyway. I currently have a 8, a 120, and a 32HD. The 32 is my favorite. Seems like I haven't even touched the other 2 since I got it. The only problem with zune is when you get a new one, its nearly impossible to sell the old one. The problem is in the marketing... While its an awesome device, many people don't know much about it. So instead of investigating, they just buy what everyone else has.... An ipod, because its the easy way out. I don't use the media player much on my phone, as someone else mentioned earlier, because I want my phone to be my phone, and my media player to be my media player. The exception being my GPS. I use that all the time in my truck as my media player.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 02:03 PM
    LOL, two 160 GB iPod Classics, one 80 GB iPod Classic, an iPhone 3G, and a Storm. How is that? . My stereo in the car has the proper iPod cable and stereo BT support. Usually the iPods are used on long trips or when they have to go along anyway. I use the Storm for local driving. The iPods mostly just get used with the home stereos because of their capacity and the ability to dck them and control them with the stereo remote.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD