I don't know if it's just me or not, but maybe he just popped a SIM card in there or something. But anyway in the DevCon Day 1 picture of Kevin with the Storm (before release) it looks to me like on the screen of the storm it has AT&T as the carrier on there.

DevCon Day 1 Quick Recap
    01-08-09 02:48 PM
    01-08-09 02:53 PM
    Where do you see the AT&T logo? I don't see it - plus the Storm is only out in CDMA right now, unless being used on a SIM card.
    01-08-09 02:54 PM
    So your saying they had an unlocked Storm at DevCon?
    01-08-09 02:55 PM
    Where do you see the AT&T logo? I don't see it - plus the Storm is only out in CDMA right now, unless being used on a SIM card.
    Right above the clock, but like I said he could have popped a SIM card in there or someone. But it just looks to me like the carrier says AT&T.
    01-08-09 02:56 PM
    if you can read AT&T any were on that screen i need to get my eyes checked, the only thing i can make out is the time
    It appears that the Storm is on EDGE, so my guess would be that it's an unlocked 9530 with an AT&T SIM card in it.

There is a GSM Storm coming to NA this year, but I haven't heard if it's coming to AT&T.
    if you can read AT&T any were on that screen i need to get my eyes checked, the only thing i can make out is the time
    I can't read it clearly, but it looks like it has AT&T on there.
    01-08-09 02:57 PM
    It appears that the Storm is on EDGE, so my guess would be that it's an unlocked 9530 with an AT&T SIM card in it.
    it maynot be unloaded it just maybe using the sim card on a GSM network
    01-08-09 02:57 PM
    yes, you can see the AT&T at the top. It's an unlocked 9530 rocking a ATT sim.
    01-08-09 02:58 PM
    it maynot be unloaded it just maybe using the sim card on a GSM network
    I'm pretty sure you can't use an AT&T SIM in a VZW Storm without unlocking the phone. I mean, I could put my old SIM from my 8800 into my Storm, but it wouldn't put me on AT&T's network as the phone is locked to VZW. It would, however, allow me to access my SIM phone list.
    01-08-09 02:59 PM

There is a GSM Storm coming to NA this year, but I haven't heard if it's coming to AT&T.
    But I'm wondering why they would have an unlocked Storm instead of the first carrier that's gonna have it. I don't think Verizon would hate a little bit of advertising.
    01-08-09 03:01 PM
    But I'm wondering why they would have an unlocked Storm instead of the first carrier that's gonna have it. I don't think Verizon would hate a little bit of advertising.
    Beats me, but it definitely looks like it's on EDGE. Maybe it's a 9500 prototype and not a 9530?
    01-08-09 03:05 PM
    Beats me, but it definitely looks like it's on EDGE. Maybe it's a 9500 prototype and not a 9530?
    That could be it also, but I just thought it was weird when I seen it cause I knew that Verizon was suppose to have some sort of contract on it.
    01-08-09 03:07 PM
    That could be it also, but I just thought it was weird when I seen it cause I knew that Verizon was suppose to have some sort of contract on it.
    They do. It's exclusive to them until a US GSM carrier turns up with a 9520 later this year.

It was a dev conference, so who knows what model Storm Kevin was holding.
    01-08-09 03:09 PM
    They do. It's exclusive to them until a US GSM carrier turns up with a 9520 later this year.

It was a dev conference, so who knows what model Storm Kevin was holding.
    Maybe Kevin was actually holding a 9520, DUN DUN DUN!
    01-08-09 03:11 PM
    Maybe Kevin was actually holding a 9520, DUN DUN DUN!
    Anything is possible.
    01-08-09 03:13 PM
    I can't read it clearly, but it looks like it has AT&T on there.
    I noticed the same thing and yes it clearly says at&t
    01-08-09 03:15 PM
    There are plenty of Storms running on AT&T. I've had one on AT&T since June of last year. And on AT&T's 3G network to boot. It's not a uncommon thing.
    01-08-09 03:18 PM
    it clearly says 1XEV not EDGE next to the bluetooth symbol...which is only carried by VZ...
    01-08-09 03:28 PM
    The device in that picture is using AT&T and says EDGE. That's no big deal. As there are how-to guides in the Storm sub-forums on getting them to work on other carriers. Also, Kev grabbed any Storm he could for that shot. But again, there are plenty of Storms out there using AT&T and Rogers. T-Mobile too.
    01-08-09 03:44 PM
    The device in that picture is using AT&T and says EDGE. That's no big deal. As there are how-to guides in the Storm sub-forums on getting them to work on other carriers. Also, Kev grabbed any Storm he could for that shot. But again, there are plenty of Storms out there using AT&T and Rogers. T-Mobile too.
    Yeah, but was the Storm released when Kevin went to DevCon?
    01-08-09 03:51 PM
    No, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. There are always pre-release devices working on other carriers than on which it will be released.
    01-08-09 04:01 PM
    Oh okay, it was just a little odd seeing it said AT&T and it has a contract with Verizon, but I guess they could have just unlocked it for AT&T SIM.
    01-08-09 04:05 PM
    Oh okay, it was just a little odd seeing it said AT&T and it has a contract with Verizon, but I guess they could have just unlocked it for AT&T SIM.
    Yep. Back in June when I had a Storm on Rogers and said something, ppl freaked. Didn't believe me. Then the radio specs leaked, and they saw I wasn't BS'n. But anyways, yeah it's just unlocked thats all.
    01-08-09 04:08 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD