Unlocked my Vzn Storm and now it's working on TMobile but only have the voice and unlimited text service, (no data plan). How do I get MMS to work?
    All the forums I visit talk about needing the Tmo service books but also discuss needing internet access. Can't I just download service books to pc and then to my Storm via USB? What's the deal? I don't want free internet. I just want my MMS to work.
    04-20-10 07:35 PM
    IIRC, what I had to do to get mine to work (same phone and carrier) was to log in to your "My T-Mobile" account and the BIS portal they have under the email setup section. (If it doesn't show, just choose any BlackBerry phone to get the option to appear).

Once you get in, you should be able to send the Tmo service books to your device or the slower way of going through the email setup on the Storm itself.

It took a bit of tinkering, but got mine working.
    04-20-10 09:55 PM
    check out the STICKY THREAD BlackBerry Device Help and Discussion Forums
    It works perfectly with MMS

Sorry i can't post a link lol )
    04-21-10 05:59 PM
    04-21-10 06:06 PM
    If I remember correctly, the MMS service book is only sent with the data books, that you would need a data plan for, that might be why you can't separate it.
    04-22-10 08:29 AM
    Sent you a link via PM, I don't have enough posts to be able to put in a link.

The guy I used to get my unlock code has a web site that has a service book for T-mobile.

I have minutes and unlimited text and got MMS working fine good
    04-22-10 11:56 PM
    can you send me the link you are talking about
    12-05-11 03:14 PM
    12-05-11 05:58 PM
    After using those service books the data should work fine.
    12-20-11 11:09 AM
    Sent you a link via PM, I don't have enough posts to be able to put in a link.

The guy I used to get my unlock code has a web site that has a service book for T-mobile.

I have minutes and unlimited text and got MMS working fine good
    iknow this is an old post, but where did you get service books as everything i tried os5 they go away after them stupid battery pulls one has to do, and os6 nothing dont even show up youd think theyd have os6 service books up here somewhere by now for t mobile
    03-17-12 11:47 AM
    iknow this is an old post, but where did you get service books as everything i tried os5 they go away after them stupid battery pulls one has to do, and os6 nothing dont even show up youd think theyd have os6 service books up here somewhere by now for t mobile
    I had this problem on my old storm 9530 what you would need to do is update your phone via apploader
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

here is the lastest Os for the 9530

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...BBF9AA363DC5DA
    Download it install and use apploader
    afterwards follow these instructions
    http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...m-95xx-106023/
    now after step1 when the 9530 restarts and you receive the
    "Uncaught Exception Error"
    enable LEGACY RESTORE
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>Service Books and then click the menu button and select "Show Keyboard" It would be easier if you phone is in Landscape so do that now. And then hold down the "!?123" button to lock the keyboard in numerical/symbol mode and type "4?2?" You should see the message that "SB Legacy Restore Enabled"
    Once this is done continue with step 2 of the original guide. Dont forget to set the Apn as well on step 3

This should keep the service books from disappearing and no you don't want to use the service books for OS6 they're incompatible use the ones in pltaylor guide.
    Good luck
    04-21-12 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD