Need help!!! I have installed ver.4.7 active sync and set up my syncronization settings to sync the adress book and calendar on my Storm. Everytime I try to sync the calendar, the process stops about 2/3 of the way and says "the process has stopped unexpectedly". I have checked everything and even tried different settings and nothing helps. Any ideas???
    04-11-09 11:47 AM
    What type of computer (OS) are you syncing with and which program are you using for Mail/Calendar,etc..?
    04-11-09 11:59 AM
    Sorry, meant to include that. I am using XP sp 3 and using Office Outlook. Also, I might mention that activesync v 4.2 works just fine, but from what I read, ver.4.7 should be used with the Storm.
    04-11-09 12:04 PM
    I am now using a Mac - it's been a while since I've been on a PC using ActiveSync, but have you tried overwriting your Blackberry device, and resyncing again? Often, I've found that if the data on the BB is corrupt, syncing stops.

Also, you may have already done so, but doing a battery pull on Storms for 20 seconds and then rebooting works wonders in many cases.

I am sorry not to be more helpful than above on these issues, but we Mac folks have our own syncing issues which keep us busy.

Good luck.
    04-11-09 12:09 PM
    Try dropping back to an earlier version of DM. I am still using 4.6 because I have had problems with 4.7 There have been a number of posts since the new version of 4.7 was released about sync issues.
    04-11-09 12:17 PM
    What about syncing the Storm? Everything says 4.7.
    04-11-09 01:44 PM
    My husband has a Storm and was not able to use 4.7 on his computer for syncing. He had to download 4.2 for it to work. We ended up calling Verizon to find this out, and the BB tech we were transferred to couldn't explain why 4.7 wouldn't work for him.

So if you're having problems with 4.7, try a different version.
    04-11-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD