So I was messing around with my personal BB on my work computer, and upon loading DM I was prompted to load a profile... The only one there was "USA.NET", our email server. So I figured what the ****, let's see what happens if I choose it.

I found out I could have my work email forwarded to my phone (pointless since i have a work BB), and that I could synch everything up. I didn't really want any of this, so i disconnected.

Anyway, now when I go to Security Options > General Settings, I see I now have a field at the bottom that reads "IT Policy Name: default" and then tells me when it was last updated. Also, my "owner" information changed, and I have have a firewall set up (don't remember if I did before).

Am I now governed somehow by my work's IT settings? If so, how the **** do I get rid of that?

I tried wiping the handheld, but those settings remain intact.
    Last edited by nyr2k2; 05-06-09 at 09:14 AM.
    05-06-09 09:03 AM
    Corrected title....

Search for CrackUtil and that will help you remove the policy... as long as it is indeed your personal BB and not work related you'll be good.
    05-06-09 09:07 AM
    OK, phone is resetting now... Hopefully I didn't fry anything.

Thanks for the quick response, Duvi, and for correcting my typo, haha.
    05-06-09 09:14 AM
    So that worked like a charm! Loading my backup from prior to the sync right now.

Thanks so much, Duvi.
    05-06-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD