Hello...New BB user...and I have a little problem I can't figure out yet.

If I listen to Slacker, it seems it plays through only the speaker with no option for jack. If I playback voice mail messages, there is not option to play them through the speaker (as opposed to listening to the ear piece the old fashioned way).

How to switch between the headphone jack and the speaker. Also...how to turn on speakerphone when listening to messages.
    Thanks.....in advance. Sorry for being a total n00b
    02-15-09 04:19 PM
    Hello...New BB user...and I have a little problem I can't figure out yet.

If I listen to Slacker, it seems it plays through only the speaker with no option for jack. If I playback voice mail messages, there is not option to play them through the speaker (as opposed to listening to the ear piece the old fashioned way).

How to switch between the headphone jack and the speaker. Also...how to turn on speakerphone when listening to messages.
    Thanks.....in advance. Sorry for being a total n00b
    If you're using the visual VM, there is a speaker icon in the top right, click that for speakerphone.

For apps like Slacker, pull up the menu with the BB menu key, and you will see the options to change between speaker, headset, and earpiece.
    02-15-09 04:49 PM
    I am having the same problem.

There is not an option in the Slacker menu to change from speaker to headphones.

This is a problem for me because I would like to listen to Slacker at work but I can't because it wants to play through the phone's main speaker which could be a disturbance to others around me.

Can slacker not play throught the earphones / headphones? I have a BB pearl 8130 with Alltel.

Please advise.
    02-16-09 12:52 PM
    Hi,

Same issue here, no option for playback via the headphone jack.

I don't think it matters what BlackBerry you have; I have a Storm and it acts the same way your Pearl does.

Anyone know how to resolve it? Is this something that gets unlocked with the purchase of the slacker service and not just the free version?

Thanks,

Rob
    02-16-09 01:34 PM
    when I run Slacker, it automatically switches to headphones when I plug a pair in (and vice versa)
    02-16-09 04:55 PM
    I just received a 8330 and slacker will work on headphone for about 10-30 seconds. If I pull battery it will work fine until I get a phne call. All other apps handle switching fine.
    Last edited by hullhome; 02-17-09 at 08:52 AM.
    02-16-09 07:52 PM
    when I run Slacker, it automatically switches to headphones when I plug a pair in (and vice versa)

Um...yeah...never tried that. Boy do I feel dumb.
    02-18-09 11:02 PM
    i'm running the free version of slacker on .75 and have no issues. when i plug the headphones into the jack (sometimes you do have to push them in pretty hard) it automatically switches to the headphones. take the headphones out and it automatically switches back to the speaker.

the best part is when i turn-on my car stereo it automatically connects via bluetooth (not that you asked but it's so awesome i just had to mention...)
    02-19-09 12:56 AM
    i'm running the free version of slacker on .75 and have no issues. when i plug the headphones into the jack (sometimes you do have to push them in pretty hard) it automatically switches to the headphones. take the headphones out and it automatically switches back to the speaker.

the best part is when i turn-on my car stereo it automatically connects via bluetooth (not that you asked but it's so awesome i just had to mention...)
    Same here with the insert of headphones...

So you can confirm that Slacker will work fine with Bluetooth? Is this automatic or do you have to manually switch it? I am thinking about getting bluetooth stereo headphones and wondering if this works.

Thanks
    02-22-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD