So after a softball game in 80 degree heat and similar humidity I get a call and end up talking for around an hour. I pull the phone away from my face and look down to check facebook and notice there's a lot of sweat under my screen much to my horror. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this with a storm and any possibly fixes? It is insured but I didn't want to replace it because I was wanting to upgrade to the storm2 and possibly sell my s1, thanks for any info
    07-12-10 11:01 PM
    maybe it will dry eventually, just DON'T touch or press the screen.
    07-12-10 11:54 PM
    This may sound silly but you can try putting your phone in a bowl of rice every night when you're not using it, and slowly but surely through the power of osmosis, it should dry out.
    07-13-10 02:39 AM
    I don't have a fix but this happened to me recently between basketball games. The sweat wasn't visible under the screen but the screen was unresponsive and when it did respond, it was out of synch (pressing one icon activated another program). I let it sit for a while and did a battery pull and it is fine now.
    07-13-10 05:31 AM
    Actually the screen works fine, that's probably the weirdest part. The problem is there is a big portion of the screen with what appears to be liquid underneath.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 07:01 AM
    Actually the screen works fine, that's probably the weirdest part. The problem is there is a big portion of the screen with what appears to be liquid underneath.

Sound crazy, but like the person above said, uncooked rice works.
    07-13-10 08:13 AM
    I don't have a fix but this happened to me recently between basketball games. The sweat wasn't visible under the screen but the screen was unresponsive and when it did respond, it was out of synch (pressing one icon activated another program). I let it sit for a while and did a battery pull and it is fine now.
    That's what my problem was. Storm + sweat on the screen = nightmare!
    07-13-10 12:23 PM
    Put it by a dehumidifier or in front of an A/C unit.
    07-13-10 01:20 PM
    If all else fails, call VZW tech support and just tell them what went down, and that you would like a replacement. They might let you get a Storm 2 if your lucky or just send you a replacement.
    07-13-10 02:04 PM
    So a little update, rice seems to be working its slowly getting better. I've been leaving in the rice all night and its gotten better so hoping it clears up after another day or so. Thanks again for all the help.

07-15-10 08:00 AM
    Your quite welcome!
    07-15-10 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD