Since i'v installed the .131 OS for my BB im astonished, much longer battery life time and much faster as the .78.
    Leaves me one problem, as I used to type with Suretype there was a standaard phone layout.
    Now with the new OS installed, I standard get the QWERTZ layout.
    How can I get back typing with suretype using the ''Multitap'' keyboard?
    05-08-09 06:08 AM
    Options > screen/keyboard > portrait view keyboard -> change to suretype.

Hope this is what you needed.

Joe
    05-08-09 06:10 AM
    Options > screen/keyboard > portrait view keyboard -> change to suretype.

Hope this is what you needed.

Joe
    No. If i select suretype i get the gwertz layout. But i want the phone layout.
    Any solution?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 05:14 PM
    well

Suretype is the 2 keys per a botton
    Multitap is the layout like all flip phones have
    05-10-09 05:19 PM
    No. If i select suretype i get the gwertz layout. But i want the phone layout.
    Any solution?

You want multi-tap, not suretype. suretype is qw er ty, multi-tap is abc def.
    05-10-09 05:20 PM
    You want multi-tap, not suretype. suretype is qw er ty, multi-tap is abc def.
    Yes i knop that, but in the previous OS i had suretype typing with the ABC keyboard.
    He suggests words and checks them.
    Like T9, so its supported, because I had it on the .78 os.

05-11-09 04:24 AM
    I always thought the suretype with the abc keyboard was a bug :shrugs:

05-11-09 04:28 AM
    I dont think so. Anyone has a solution?
    05-11-09 05:42 AM
    Nobody has a solution??
    05-12-09 06:32 AM
    Still no luck with this? I would like the suretype typing with the multitap keyboard.
    06-04-09 09:57 AM
    HI - spent hours pondering over this problem when i lost my predictive text on a multitap keyboard. What i have found is - in Options select Language, the Input Options. The either check or uncheck the Predictive Input Button, exit and save. If you unchecked it go back in and check it again, then as before exit and save. Then when you go back to your MMS keyboard you should have multitap ABC DEF layout with predictive text. What i have also discovered is, if you change your settings to multitap then back again to suretype the predictive Keyboard reverts back to a qwerty, and you have to go through the whole process of checking and unchecking boxes again. Maybe it is a flaw in software or maybe we are not initialising predictive text properly i dont know, but this is working for me. Let me know how you get on.
    06-07-09 11:44 AM
    t9 was a glitch in OS .75 and apparently .78, but was fixed in later versions. So if you want the t9 again you have to dowgrade or accept the fact that you only have suretype and multi-tap (and the full keyboard in some later OS's).
    06-07-09 11:55 AM
    why are you still running .131? why not try .151?
    06-07-09 11:57 AM
    why are you still running .131? why not try .151?
    Maybe they're sticking with officials only and don't want to upgrade to a leak? Idk...
    06-07-09 12:03 PM
    I have the same problem! I have tried figuring it out since the upgrade with no luck... I was just on the phone with Verizon for 45 mins trying to fix it and he told me the pretty much it was a "glitch" with the old software and we will be unable to revert back unless we downgrade... Stupid phone! Sorry fellow multitap/suretype user
    06-07-09 12:26 PM
    I have the same problem! I have tried figuring it out since the upgrade with no luck... I was just on the phone with Verizon for 45 mins trying to fix it and he told me the pretty much it was a "glitch" with the old software and we will be unable to revert back unless we downgrade... Stupid phone! Sorry fellow multitap/suretype user
    go to options>language> set keyboard layout to qwerty.
    06-07-09 12:49 PM
    HI - spent hours pondering over this problem when i lost my predictive text on a multitap keyboard. What i have found is - in Options select Language, the Input Options. The either check or uncheck the Predictive Input Button, exit and save. If you unchecked it go back in and check it again, then as before exit and save. Then when you go back to your MMS keyboard you should have multitap ABC DEF layout with predictive text. What i have also discovered is, if you change your settings to multitap then back again to suretype the predictive Keyboard reverts back to a qwerty, and you have to go through the whole process of checking and unchecking boxes again. Maybe it is a flaw in software or maybe we are not initialising predictive text properly i dont know, but this is working for me. Let me know how you get on.
    That only worked on the 4.7.0.7X OS's.
    06-07-09 12:55 PM
    I used to do this too use the autotext/suretype with phone pad, just like on my old flip phone, now i just have a key picture in righthand corner and no autofill (post battery pull). I noticed when I was using this feature, that picture of a button was not there. This is frustrating as I loved that feature. Last time this happened it seemed to randomly go back. Please help!
    06-09-09 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD