Sorry, brand new to forums - never posted before, but have question. Had an EnV previously, first-time BB user. How do I use SureType, BUT without a Qwerty keyboard? I'm looking for the traditional "dial pad" look, which I get sometimes, but accidentally. Can't figure out how to get it back. I don't want Multi-tap - looking for "Word" experience that I had in EnV. Thanks for help!
    01-24-09 10:46 PM
    There isn't a "word" or T9 feature on the Storm, as of date. Sorry only full qwerty, suretype, and multitap. I like suretype more than Word lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 10:51 PM
    Yeah unfortunately it is just a different layout and there probably will not be a normal pad like that for our Storms in the future. They have been enhancing texting in the .90 OS and they are already up to 3 different keyboard settings. So they probably will not keep on adding different styles.
    01-24-09 11:08 PM
    SureType is a lot like predictive text (word/T9), because it can finish words for you - but it's a lot better. The learning curve is a little longer than most but when you get the hang of it it's far quicker - because you end up pressing each key less. I recommend learning how to use it because I like it better than the full keyboard and I type pretty fast on it
    01-25-09 12:06 AM
    Sorry, brand new to forums - never posted before, but have question. Had an EnV previously, first-time BB user. How do I use SureType, BUT without a Qwerty keyboard? I'm looking for the traditional "dial pad" look, which I get sometimes, but accidentally. Can't figure out how to get it back. I don't want Multi-tap - looking for "Word" experience that I had in EnV. Thanks for help!
    there is one watch this video

01-25-09 12:18 AM
    Thanks for the help. I LIKE the SureType feature; I'm just looking for the "number pad" keyboard. I'm not using the full keyboard. I have fingernails, so the "full" is out, and the Qwerty buttons are too small. That's why I want the number keypad. Those buttons are wider.
    TRACKIZMY1: How did they get THAT keyboard up that's in the YouTube video? That's what I'm looking for. I've done it before, but by accident and I don't know how to get it back.
    01-25-09 03:54 PM
    predictive text hasnt worked with the multitap keybaord for me since like .83, not sure if its a bug or they removed the feature.
    01-25-09 04:18 PM
    yeah i've gotten it to work b4 (t9-ish) but only once in a while. I love suretype now but trying to use full qwerty to see if i like it. what i'd love to see is suretype mode with multi-tap. so if i wanted the letter w, i'd just hit the "qw" key twice.
    01-25-09 04:22 PM
    Thanks for the help. I LIKE the SureType feature; I'm just looking for the "number pad" keyboard. I'm not using the full keyboard. I have fingernails, so the "full" is out, and the Qwerty buttons are too small. That's why I want the number keypad. Those buttons are wider.
    TRACKIZMY1: How did they get THAT keyboard up that's in the YouTube video? That's what I'm looking for. I've done it before, but by accident and I don't know how to get it back.
    watch the video it shows you
    01-25-09 07:51 PM
    when the sure type is up press the blackberry button then go to enable multitap...not sure if that's what your looking for..
    01-25-09 08:17 PM
    TRACKIZMY1: Yes, I watched the video. That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for, but how do I get the NUMBER KEYPAD, NOT THE QWERTY KEYPAD to show up on my screen? When I compose anything, be it text or email, the QWERTY shows up - doesn't give me an option. Thanks for your help!
    01-26-09 04:23 PM
    Options - Screen/Keyboard - Portrait View Keyboard - Multitap
    01-26-09 06:20 PM
    jhimmel - You're amazing! Thank you so much! I'm so happy now! The "little things" in life!
    01-27-09 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD