Hey all. New to the forums, new to blackberry, I got a Storm from Verizon. I used to have a Nokia N95 from At&t.

My question is this. I have a couple of downloaded movies on my desktop. Via the media manager in the Desktop Manager, I locate the movie file I want, and drag it into the blackberry file. The computer than prompts me with a few options, and it starts transferring it. Two problems, however. Every movie is taking up 1gb or more, and the worst part, that every movie takes (no joke) about two hours to transfer. I feel like I am doing something wrong, or not using a certain program, etc.

My buddy has an ipod touch and it takes 2-3 min to transfer a movie. What am I doing wrong?
    01-06-09 04:38 PM
    im not too sure but i put the dark knight on my phone and the file size is 640mb and i connected the phone to my computer so itd recognize it as a mass storage device and dragged and dropped the movie into the video folder and only took 2 minutes if that to transfer and the quality is amazing and nothing lags for the 2+ hours of the movies length.
    01-06-09 04:56 PM
    it takes so long because its converting it to a format that is playable on the storm. and that depends on your computer speed, not the phone.
    01-06-09 04:57 PM
    Hey all. New to the forums, new to blackberry, I got a Storm from Verizon. I used to have a Nokia N95 from At&t.

My question is this. I have a couple of downloaded movies on my desktop. Via the media manager in the Desktop Manager, I locate the movie file I want, and drag it into the blackberry file. The computer than prompts me with a few options, and it starts transferring it. Two problems, however. Every movie is taking up 1gb or more, and the worst part, that every movie takes (no joke) about two hours to transfer. I feel like I am doing something wrong, or not using a certain program, etc.

My buddy has an ipod touch and it takes 2-3 min to transfer a movie. What am I doing wrong?
    I put the full 300 on mine which was a little over a gig. It took less than 5 minutes when choosing not to convert for optimal playback. Movie looks and sounds great. When I chose the optimal playback it took over 3 hours and looked the same

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 04:58 PM
    Why does it take so long to convert for optimal playback? Is there any way to speed this up...if I don't convert for optimal playback then its fast but the quality of the video is not great...any help please and thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD