Okay so I bought a new charger/usb/car charger package off eBay, the ISB works fine, the car charger got stolen and my old wall charger got a little tear in it and doesn't charge correctly anymore. So now I'm using the new wall charger. And when I leave it charging for about a min or 2, the screen gets completely un responsive, not the type of in responsive I've complained about before that's due to humitity, it just does NOT work. It required me to take it off the charger and do a batt pull everytime for me to get it to work.

Is this grounds for me to exchange it for a new refurb? Its still under the year warrantee, it is on .191 but I can just restore it on bbsak. I really just want to start out fresh with a new storm. Any way of doing that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 06:57 PM
    no offense but I'm gonna chalk your problems up to a cheap ebay charging kit!
    09-11-09 07:00 PM
    eBay is NOT your friend when it comes to chargers for your Blackberry. I hate to be a search Nazi, but problems with non OEM chargers have been WELL documented. Get a proper Blackberry charger and your phone should be fine.
    09-11-09 07:01 PM
    thats why I always say stay away from the cheap ebay generic chargers.
    09-11-09 07:02 PM
    eBay is NOT your friend when it comes to chargers for your Blackberry. I hate to be a search Nazi, but problems with non OEM chargers have been WELL documented. Get a proper Blackberry charger and your phone should be fine.
    I agree ....

09-11-09 07:07 PM
    Usb works done and dandy

09-11-09 07:25 PM
    Well I guess you got your answer then. No refurb for you.

09-11-09 07:28 PM
    I actually learned my lesson with a charger from eBay for my laptop. It was an auto (12V) charger. After a few days of use in my truck I started smelling plastic. Couldn't figure out what it was at first, but then I reached for something in the truck and got my hand up against the charging unit and it burned my hand. The charger had melted enough that it actually fell apart in my hand after I unplugged it and picked it up. I figure a little more time and there would have been a fire. Ever since then I don't use non OEM chargers for anything important...the exception being reputable companies such as Seidio.

As far as the USB goes, well, it's pretty hard to "f" up a USB cable. The current coming through the cable is primarily dependent on the current coming out of your USB port. So, if that's right, then the cable will work. The car and home adapters have to reduce and stabilize the voltage before it gets to your phone. That's where the problem comes in....the cheezy circuits in those eBay chargers aren't controlling the current well enough and your phone isn't liking it.

And in the end you end up with not such a great deal. You think "wow, I got a home charger, a car charger, and a USB for only $15," but the reality is you paid $15 for a USB cable. Oops!
    09-11-09 07:40 PM
    unplug the phone from the charger and it will work. cheapo charger did that to me also.
    09-11-09 07:41 PM
    Battery only chargers are in the same boat as well. I used an ebay el cheapo for a few months before it finally went TU. Found a slightly more expensive unit and could tell straight out of the box that is was of better construction. Hopefully it will last quite a bit longer! For me, having two batteries works very well. Once you've "unplugged" from the wall and can just switch out batts, it's hard to go back!
    09-11-09 10:26 PM
    USB might be fine but the wall outlet might be putting out too much/little amps and can cause that to happen. Stick to buying a BB charger, less headaches and less chance of frying your phone.
    09-11-09 11:13 PM
    I like the idea, cool!

yeah because it was an awesome idea can we say random post here.
    09-12-09 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD