I am new to Crackberry and a new bb user. I like the storm, but I have had problems so far. I do not have time to get on here 10 times a day and find out how to fix problem after problem. I was hoping someone could catch me up to speed.

So far, I understand there is a problem with the screen. I put a piece of a business card behind the battery and it helped.

I am one of the people having a problem hitting the mute button while on the phone. Besides hitting calendar, notes or any of the other things, is there a way to prevent this?

My battery life sucks... what can I do to fix it?

I believe I have the latest os on my phone.... my phone died while i was out of town and when i charged it and turned it on this morning there was an
    update ready, i downloaded it and i am just wondering if this is the latest one.

I really just want to be able to use my phone and not have to worry about downloading new stuff and rigging my phone with paper to make it work properly. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    12-07-08 09:11 PM
    Ok. So have you upgraded your OS yourself? If not, you do not have the latest version, which should remedy many of your issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 09:13 PM
    just to let you know i am sure you will get flamed for a lack of search

but a few things as for the buttons buy a BT headset, its your friend its the only downside to the storms screen is that you will bumb it if you shoulder it to talk.

as for the os the new release from verizon is .75 go to menu, options, about and look for .75. There is some leaked versions that are higher but it dosnt sound like your the type to go to the hassle of loading them up so dont worry about it. The differences are minor anyway.

as for the screen, if it is still a issue calle VZW and get a new phone sent to you. your inside your thirty days so it shouldn't be a issue.

As for battery life all you can do is just turn down things like shorten the time for the screen to fade out, and turn down overall brightness. If you are running .75 then it should be pretty good though.
    12-07-08 09:15 PM
    just to let you know i am sure you will get flamed for a lack of search

but a few things as for the buttons buy a BT headset, its your friend its the only downside to the storms screen is that you will bumb it if you shoulder it to talk.

as for the os the new release from verizon is .75 go to menu, options, about and look for .75. There is some leaked versions that are higher but it dosnt sound like your the type to go to the hassle of loading them up so dont worry about it. The differences are minor anyway.

as for the screen, if it is still a issue calle VZW and get a new phone sent to you. your inside your thirty days so it shouldn't be a issue.

As for battery life all you can do is just turn down things like shorten the time for the screen to fade out, and turn down overall brightness. If you are running .75 then it should be pretty good though.
    I appreciate it. I have searched but being new I get overwhelmed with all the different things out there. I have a bt headset but that kills my battery life even faster. thanks for the advice
    12-07-08 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD