I have tried a couple that do not support 480x360. Any suggestions guys ? I want to have movies converted on a card to take with me Friday morning !!!!

Thanks
    11-16-08 01:19 PM
    I usually use Videora Ipod Convertor when I want to convert files for my ipod 5g but it can make them into files that also play on my BB 8830. I'm not too sure if it supports the type that you need, but it is something to check out. And it's free. If you have tried it already, sorry.
    11-16-08 01:44 PM
    Look for and experiment with ffmpeg. It's a bit technical but is a swiss army knife for video conversion.

It's also free. Many great video conversion apps are just just front-ends that include ffmpeg as the conversion engine. They add value in providing a front-end because ffmpeg has a lot of options and can be difficult to figure out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 08:16 PM
    Videora Rocks man.
    11-17-08 08:17 PM
    do blackberries play DIVX?
    11-17-08 08:20 PM
    The best video converter out on the market (for WINDOWS) is SUPER, hands down. The full name is SUPER video converter and you can find it here:
    SUPER � .

Amazing program with so many different features it will confuse the **** out of you at first. Also, I have been converting many videos in preparation for the storm. However, I have not been converting them into 480x360. For movies that are in 4:3 format (Standard Definition TV) I use 480x320 and for 16:9 I use 480x270 to keep the aspect ratio correct. This prevents the images from looking stretched, although it doesnt fill the whole screen. What kinds of settings have you guys been using? Anyone mess with Frames Per Second and such yet? It will be easier to do this once we can actually test the videos on the phone.

do blackberries play DIVX?
    No. Here is a list of compatible file formats: Is your audio or video file compatible with BlackBerry? Here’s how to find out | The BlackBerry Beat | ZDNet.com
    11-17-08 08:25 PM
    I know someone here is testing some encodes with someone on the Vodaphone network. I'd like to know what settings he has come up with as far as bitrate and codec settings for an optimal storm experience with maximum storage.
    11-17-08 08:29 PM
    The best video converter out on the market (for WINDOWS) is SUPER, hands down. The full name is SUPER video converter and you can find it here:
    SUPER � .

Amazing program with so many different features it will confuse the **** out of you at first. Also, I have been converting many videos in preparation for the storm. However, I have not been converting them into 480x360. For movies that are in 4:3 format (Standard Definition TV) I use 480x320 and for 16:9 I use 480x270 to keep the aspect ratio correct. This prevents the images from looking stretched, although it doesnt fill the whole screen. What kinds of settings have you guys been using? Anyone mess with Frames Per Second and such yet? It will be easier to do this once we can actually test the videos on the phone.

No. Here is a list of compatible file formats: Is your audio or video file compatible with BlackBerry? Here�s how to find out | The BlackBerry Beat | ZDNet.com
    thanks meng
    11-17-08 08:32 PM
    Dumb question for most probably, but where do you get the movies from to put on your mem. card??
    11-17-08 08:36 PM
    Dumb question for most probably, but where do you get the movies from to put on your mem. card??
    you could download them and convert them, you could also torrent them but that would be illegel ,
    11-17-08 08:41 PM
    does anyone know if itunes purchased TV shows, movies etc would play on the blackberry storm?

I know that their non DRM free music is locked (obviously) and cannot be played on other decives other than your computer and your ipod..

i guess the question is, are itunes tv shows and movies locked or unlocked?
    11-17-08 08:42 PM
    Lets just say for the heck of it....Someone did torrent them...how do you get it to the mem. card??
    11-17-08 08:43 PM
    does anyone know if itunes purchased TV shows, movies etc would play on the blackberry storm?

I know that their non DRM free music is locked (obviously) and cannot be played on other decives other than your computer and your ipod..

i guess the question is, are itunes tv shows and movies locked or unlocked?
    they have DRM on them, i know this because i can't watch them on my XBOX and its just common sense for apple to do it. I normally convert everything i download from iTunes to DIVX codec, but unfortunately i guess the storm doesn't support divx, so i will have to convert it to a different codec
    11-17-08 08:44 PM
    Is bitTorrent and Limewire the same
    11-17-08 08:47 PM
    they have DRM on them, i know this because i can't watch them on my XBOX and its just common sense for apple to do it. I normally convert everything i download from iTunes to DIVX codec, but unfortunately i guess the storm doesn't support divx, so i will have to convert it to a different codec
    may i ask which program you use to convert the itunes movies...

im assuming (based on what i do with my purchased music) it first makes the file DRM free, than converts the format?
    11-17-08 08:48 PM
    Thanks to Dnallov for being so generous with his time and new Storm, he loaded up a couple movies that I had encoded for my,,,,,,pearl, and they played fine.

My encoding:

Program I use is Super..

Setting are:
    Default save location..
    C > program files > eright software > Super > output..

Best settings for me anyway..
    Output container> 3gp(sony Ericsson)
    Output video codec> Mpeg4
    Output audio> AAC
    video scale> 320x240
    aspect> 4:3
    Frame sec> 15
    bitrate> 192
    option> high quality
    Sampling> 22050
    Channels> 2
    bitrate> 128
    audiostream> default
    11-17-08 08:51 PM
    I use Movavi Video Converter 6, and have for quite some time. It's super easy and works really well. Can take just about any video (even from DVD's) and can convert to just about any format. You can split vieo, join, video, and even add water marks.

Best of all, the personal edition is only $29, well worth the money IMO.

Converter Software | Download Video File Converter to Convert Video, Rip Video, and more
    Last edited by czm2000; 11-17-08 at 08:59 PM.
    11-17-08 08:55 PM
    SUPER � .

No. Here is a list of compatible file formats: Is your audio or video file compatible with BlackBerry? Here�s how to find out | The BlackBerry Beat | ZDNet.com
    But 480x360 is 4x3 (120x4=480 and 120x3=360) so why change it?

11-17-08 08:56 PM
    fonebrkr: Why are you using 320x240? You could use 480x360 and have the same aspect ratio, but it would fill more of the screen.

Also, this discussion is getting a little too close to warez for me, but I will try to help you. The way to get the files onto the memory card would be to take whatever file you want to watch on your device, and put it into a video converter. Convert the video using the settings you prefer, and then drag and drop it onto the memory card. To drop it on the memory card you can either plug it into your computer directly (if your computer supports this) or use a USB card reader. If not, you can enable mass storage mode on your BB while the card is in it, and drop it on there that way.

But 480x360 is 4x3 (120x4=480 and 120x3=360) so why change it?

Good catch. Cant believe I missed that in all my posts. I went back and checked the video and you are right, 480x360 is the size I was using to get 4:3. My bad everyone for misleading you all like that.
    Last edited by shooptek; 11-17-08 at 09:05 PM.
    11-17-08 08:59 PM
    No prob. Thanks for all the great info!

11-17-08 09:07 PM
    Lets just say for the heck of it....Someone did torrent them...how do you get it to the mem. card??

For shame.....Unless you are getting individual mp3's, stay far away from limewire, and make sure you strictly just get songs as mp3's, limewire is a virus/mpaa landmine...

i've been told that when doing any morally/ethically grey research like this on the net it is best to use a browser other than ie. Firefox, Safari, or Opera are much safer,
    In order of preference demonoid, mininova, and as a last resort, Pirate bay are the big 3 public clients, I believe they all have a FAQ area that will guide you further into this.
    Preferred files to get are .avi's, then it's a drag and drop into Super and your golden..
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 11-17-08 at 09:11 PM.
    11-17-08 09:09 PM
    Thanks....Ill see if i can not mees it up somehow!!
    11-17-08 10:04 PM
    A stupid question here....if 480x360 is 4:3 then how come when you watch a video its in wide screen mode on the Storm? Basically a 4:3 movie would have bars on the side of the screen when you flipped the Storm horizontal to make it a square picture?
    11-17-08 10:59 PM
    Is bitTorrent and Limewire the same
    No bitorrent is better but but you need a program like utorrent to DL torrent files... are you sure you want to have your whole name and contact info out there Joshua? Big brother tracks everything that has to do with the word "torrent"

but great post i need more info on converting movies
    11-17-08 11:12 PM
    I've used Super in the past for my PSP and Touch. I've always had excellent results! Of course, if you really want a top notch conversion you have to start with quality source material. Unfortunately most of what is available online has already been compressed. You would be better off working from your own DVD.
    11-17-08 11:24 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD