Greetings Folks,

While the update to .83 was less successful for me than others, a silver lining of being able to dump the sample pix was a nice bit of news for me.

Here's how I did it:

1. I back uped my storm (highly recommend this to all who have yet to practice this)

2. I went into c> program files > common files > research in motion > shared > loader > java > the largest file in there is the sample pix. File name is net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod

3. I just moved this file to another location

4. Run the OS update and BAM! You are 5mb richer!

Happy dumping folks!

EDIT: MAD PROPS TO JRSCCivic98 WHO GUIDED MY WAY TO DUMPING HEAVEN! JRSCCivic98 sorry for missing the cred!

FOLKS! Before you can find these files (as many of you have been unable to do this) you have to install an OS on your computer. Unless you do this, you WILL NOT find the needed folders.

You must also have the "Show Hidden Files" option selected

Honestly, if you are not familiar with your PC or your phone, you prolly should not try this.

Proceed at your own risk. I do not claim any responsibility for bricked phones or otherwise.
    Last edited by Rooster; 01-02-09 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Added Extra Steps
    12-19-08 10:46 AM
    Happy dumping folks!
    haha...that strikes me as funny...

thanks for the post
    12-19-08 10:48 AM
    Greetings Folks,

While the update to .83 was less successful for me than others, a silver lining of being able to dump the sample pix was a nice bit of news for me.

Here's how I did it:

1. I back uped my storm (highly recommend this to all who have yet to practice this)

2. I went into c> program files > common files > research in motion > shared > loader > java > the largest file in there is the sample pix. File name is net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod

3. I just moved this file to another location

4. Run the OS update and BAM! You are 5mb richer!

Happy dumping folks!
    What's funny is that apperently it takes a girl to get this going. lol

I reported being able to do this like a week ago and nobody but you have been able to make this happen. Yeah, girls rule!

Anyway, if you look in that folder, there's another 360x480t file right above that, I've been deleting both cods myself to free up the memory.
    12-19-08 10:52 AM
    nice find, thank you!
    12-19-08 10:52 AM
    its not that...more people are on now that there is another "leak"
    12-19-08 10:54 AM
    its not that...more people are on now that there is another "leak"
    lol, yes it is... boys are stupid.
    12-19-08 10:55 AM
    lol, yes it is... boys are stupid.
    PS - i payed attention
    12-19-08 10:56 AM
    What would happen if u just deleted that file?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 11:00 AM
    What would happen if u just deleted that file?

Your Storm blows up!
    12-19-08 11:02 AM

I reported being able to do this like a week ago and nobody but you have been able to make this happen. Yeah, girls rule!

Anyway, if you look in that folder, there's another 360x480t file right above that, I've been deleting both cods myself to free up the memory.
    If it you makes you feel any better, I referenced your post on this when I did my upgrade this morning. You are a genius, thank you thank you thank you thank you, I wish more people posted up advice like you do, so on and so forth, etc., etc. etc.

12-19-08 11:04 AM
    hey now my 4 older sisters never called me stupid, they just referred to me as the antichrist!

I was able to make this work very well, but that is cause i have to take you seriously since you are a follower of House!!
    12-19-08 11:05 AM
    I don't even have those files on my HD. There is no shared folder inside Rim. Also a search for net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod
    didn't turn anything up. It this only for Verizon?
    12-19-08 11:06 AM
    I don't even have those files on my HD. There is no shared folder inside Rim. Also a search for net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod
    didn't turn anything up. It this only for Verizon?

Try looking here
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files
    12-19-08 11:09 AM
    Why can't you just delete the sample pictures manually from the phone? Do they get reinstalled when you do a sync or something?
    12-19-08 11:10 AM
    Try looking here
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files
    like I said... there is no shared folder inside the rim folder
    12-19-08 11:11 AM
    Why can't you just delete the sample pictures manually from the phone? Do they get reinstalled when you do a sync or something?
    They're locked and can not be deleted from the phone.
    12-19-08 11:11 AM
    They are locked on the phone, you cannot delete them
    12-19-08 11:12 AM
    did you install the OS files to a different location?
    12-19-08 11:14 AM
    what r u running n ur pc? you must be looking in the wrong folder I think. Are you in the common files folder?
    12-19-08 11:15 AM
    Sample pics are nice but ill remove em thanks.

12-19-08 11:15 AM
    nope, also I did do a full hd search for that file and it's nowhere. That is why I asked is it a verizon thing, so maybe it is I guess.
    12-19-08 11:17 AM
    nope, also I did do a full hd search for that file and it's nowhere. That is why I asked is it a verizon thing, so maybe it is I guess.
    Think maybe you need to try a reinstall of the downloaded file.
    12-19-08 11:19 AM
    I dont think so. I had the bell update on my phone and I dumped it from that install. I've found that the HD search doesnt always work, oddly enough. Are some of your files hidden by default?
    12-19-08 11:20 AM
    Yeah maybe I will reainstall it... thanks anyways.

Rooster: Vista 64
    12-19-08 11:20 AM
    First thing I did was show hidden and protected files
    12-19-08 11:22 AM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD